5. Fire in the Water

Draco's POV

It was the middle of the day. Draco was almost finished with his classes, he only had Divination left with Gryffindors. He had a lot of his classes with them and he wasn't sure why. He had Herbolgy with Ravenclaws, but that was it. The rest of his classes were with Gryffindors.

He was walking up the long stairs to the Divination class, not in a hurry. He calmly took each step, gazing down at his feet as he did so. As he reached the top, he entered the almost filled class.

Draco was about to take a seat before Professor Trelawney stopped him.

"Malfoy, I want you to sit with Potter over there for this thing you have," she said referring to the curse. Draco pursed his lips and nodded. He walked to the table with Harry and sat down in front of him.

The professor started talking and Draco tried his best to listen.

"Okay class, today you will pick one card out of the four cards laid out on the table. There is water, fire, earth, and air. Which ever one you pick is your personality. Not all personality is the same which means the card you will pick will not be exactly right, but it will define your inner self. Go ahead and pick!" Trelawney said explaining to the class what to do.

Most of the class started picking up a card and looking at the element they received. Telling what they got and what it meant to their partner.

"There's a sound barrier the professor put up, so no one can hear us talk," Harry stated. That made Draco's muscles relax knowing that he can finally talk in a class. Unluckily, that the only person he could talk to was Harry. But, it's better than no one, right?

Draco took a deep berth and picked up a card. He surprisingly got Water.

He saw Harry pick up his and then he turned it around to show Draco. He looked and noticed that Harry received Fire. Draco was and wasn't surprised at the same time at Harry's card. He thought that Harry would've at least gotten Water like himself, but it seemed like he was wrong.

"You read yours first Malfoy," Harry said.

Draco nodded and started explaining his card, "I'm Water. I'm smooth and delicate. I can be very unpredictable at times, I can save or drown. Water is beautiful, yet can have a very distasteful side. I don't question, I flow," Draco finished and looked up at Harry you seemed rather interested in what he said.

The card describe him pretty well if he said so himself. He was untruthfully ashamed that he didn't question things.  As he was too afraid to ever ask. He never even asked for help as times.

Draco ran a hand through his hair, "Your turn."

Harry snapped out of his daze, "Oh right," Harry gazed down upon his card, "I am Fire. I'm incredibly dangerous, yet I will help you find the way. I will burn down anything or light up your path. I'm unpredictable as well. I most know all the answers before moving on. Other people can put me out or I'll hurt them. I like to be in control of things, in charge."

"Sounds about right," Harry said then laid his card back down on the table.

Draco was shocked. He never knew Harry could be dangerous, but now that he thinks about it, it's very likely for Harry to become dangerous at any time. Maybe like when he is angry or anything. Draco shivered at the thought. He gnawed at his bottom lip because he heard Harry say that he liked to be in control of things. Draco could almost picture what Harry could be in control of...

Draco snapped up immediately. He couldn't let that thought get ahead of itself. At least not while Harry was right next to him.

"I didn't know you were delicate," Harry mentioned with a slight grin.

Draco scoffed, "I'm as delicate and fragile as a snowflake. Just look at me."

"I guess you're right. You do seem like you could break at any moment," Harry joked. Draco rolled his eyes and the space around him started to get smaller. He was too engulfed in this small conversation with Harry. It only seemed like him and Harry at that moment.

"I mean really, just look at you. Pale skin, and fair blonde hair, it's basically the definition of delicate."

Draco blushed unknowingly, "Shut up."

Draco's skin started to be covered in goosebumps and the air became thicker. And of course, he had to remind himself it was because of the curse.

"What about you? Apparently you like to be in charge," Draco retorted the best way he could.

Harry just shrugged his shoulders, "What can I say, I never really liked following the rules. As you you can tell by the past seven years."

Draco only scoffed again. He could already tell that Harry wasn't the one to follow or submit in any situation. Draco admired that about The-Boy-Who-Lived even if he wouldn't admit that to anyone. 

Class soon was over and the students gathered their things and left the classroom without another glance. Draco stood up, picking up his bag in the process. He sighed and made his way to the door, thankful that classes were over. He turned his head and saw Harry talking to his friends again like the conversation with him and Draco never even happened.

I want his attention, Draco thought. He caught himself off guard by his own thought. Never in a million years would he have thought that. Draco shook his head remembering it was all because of the curse.

As soon as Draco was in the corridors he was walking back to his shared room with Harry. He might as well just pass some time while waiting for dinner to begin.

He had a smile on his face the entire time not knowing how it got there. It was odd for him to be walking around with such an emotion other than his blank face or sneer. His life was changing because of this curse. Or was it because of Harry? No! It was all because of the curse. Draco knew he was going to keep reminding himself of that everyday. But, somewhere deep down in his mind he knew it wasn't because of the curse.