1. Cat Got Your Tongue

AN: this is shit, i'm sorry for mistakes of any kind during the middle/end of it. i lost interest in writing it, but I still wanted to finish it

-

Draco's POV

Draco was boarding the familiar train to go back to the renewed school. He was unbelievably happy that he can go back and not worry about loosing his life or the Dark Lord. But, to his happiness their was a unfortunate problem.

He can only speak in Parseltongue.

Before his father went to Azkaban he cursed Draco. Draco knew that his father cared for him a lot but, since his trial, things have changed. During his trial, Fudge, asked why he walked over to the Dark Lord's side.

His response was, "I didn't want to walk over there but, when my mother called for me I had too. I would've never stepped one foot onto his side if my mother hadn't called for me. Even if my father asked me, I would've stayed right where I was but, I love my mother dearly and wouldn't want anything to happen to her."

The Ministry seemed convinced because Draco was indeed telling the truth. Therefore, his mother and him was set free while their father was taken to Azkaban for life. And would receive the Dementor's kiss soon enough.

While his father was being dragged away, he cursed his only son. He couldn't communicate to anyone, even his mother. He could only write in Parseltongue too. Now, he doesn't speak at all.

Draco found and empty compartment at the very end of the train. He put his belongings on the rack above him and took a seat, avoiding any conversation at all.

He continued to stare out the window. He almost missed when Harry and his two best friends come onto the train and took their seats with Longbottom and Luna.

Draco secretly glanced over and noticed that something was missing with Harry. But, his curiosity soon was found when the ginger girl took her seat next to Harry and they intertwined their fingers. Draco suddenly felt a bang of loneliness overwhelm him. He ignored the feeling and blocked out all his thoughts.

A few minutes in and suddenly Draco felt a pair of eyes on him. He got extremely nervous and didn't dare to look at the person who was staring at him.

"Let's just leave him alone," he heard someone mumble. Draco sighed thankfully and didn't have any other mishaps during the rest of the train ride.

-

A few hours later and they finally reached Hogwarts. Students started to gather their things and exit the train. Draco waited until he was the last one to get off. With his stuff in one hand, he gracefully stepped off the train.

He got in the group with the other eighth year Slytherins but, before he could reach them he bumped chests with someone.

"Oh, uh sorry," Harry muttered.

Draco only hummed in response and walked past him. He knew Harry was watching him as he walked away.

Walking into the new Great Hall the Slytherins took their usual seats and waited for the speech from McGonagall. She was the new Head Mistress.

The muttering and talking stopped when she walked up to the podium to begin her speech.

"Welcome first years! And welcome back eighth years. Since we have extra students this year, we've built two new common rooms. One for the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws eighth years and one for the Gryffindors and Syltherins. Two houses will share the same common room. And you will have a roommate from the opposite house because of certain reasons. Now, as usual, the Forbidden Forest is off limits to everyone. Also, your roommate will be revealed when you enter your new common room. It will be on a piece of parchment when you enter. Thank you. Enjoy the feast!"

Everyone started to pile their plates with food and fill their Goblets with pumpkin juice. Draco sipped his pumpkin juice silently but, he didn't eat.

Blaise sat next him. Blaise was allowed to come back but, he was under caution from many Aurors and Professors. Draco was glad the he wasn't so alone here. Still, Blaise didn't know about the curse put upon him. Only the Professors knew for precautions and specific reasons.

Draco seriously didn't know how he was getting past this year or his O.W.Ls. He was fucked up big time thanks to his father.

When the feast was over, everyone made their way into the dorms. The Gryffindors and Syltherins walked into their new common room and everyone stared in awe. Draco leaned against the wall and let out a heavy breath while everyone was looking at the parchment to see who their roommate was. Some were sort of relived when they saw who their roommate was, others looked pissed.

When people darted to their new rooms, Draco swaggered up to the parchment. He placed his finger at the very top and traced down until his saw his name, he then went across with his finger until he saw the Gryffindor name that would be his new roommate.

His breath got caught in his throat.

"No," he whispered. To him he sounded normal but, to other people he would sound like he was hissing. The parchment clearly said: Harry Potter.

"Malfoy?"

Draco turned around swiftly and saw Harry standing there. Draco let out a low growl and made his way into his new dorm.

He walked in and there was a single green bed and a single red bed. With two dressers next to them. They had one bathroom and two separate trunks for their clothes. It suited Draco but, he still hated the fact the his roommate was Harry. Draco unpacked his bag, putting his clothes in his trunk.

Once he was done unpacking he just stood up and stared at nothing. He completely zoned out.

Harry walked in the room and that drew Draco out of his trance. Draco didn't know what to say to Harry.

Oh right, nothing.

"Draco?"

Draco glanced at him, still saying nothing. Draco could sense the pity Harry was feeling for him. Draco was no match for Harry. Like, you try to control the person who saved his life, countless others, almost died every year and survives, killed the most powerful dark wizard ever, who died and came back to life, and he stills have time to laugh.

Draco was literally a mess. No match for Harry. Now, Draco pitied himself.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" Harry asked with a smirk. Draco scoffed while shrugging his shoulders. Draco looked away from Harry and placed a hand on his bed.

"Do you want to talk?" Harry asked.

Draco shook his head. He saw from the corner of his eye that Harry was exiting out of the room. Probably to talk to his friends. They had a whole day before their classes started. Draco just found a corner and sat down. Thinking about nothing.