The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

     “I’ll soon make you forget about him, I’ll show what it’s like to be loved by a real man.” He said in a husky voice.

Suddenly he was gone but I was still frozen to the spot. Fear filled every inch of my body, he was going to have me, whether I want him to or not.

**************************

(Tyler’s POV)

     I ran as fast as I could, Lucia’s feet were pounding behind me. We just had to reach the clearing and what for Mia and Wyatt to leave the pack house. I just hoped that it didn’t take her too long, it scared me to think what it was she might have to do to persuade him out. The closer we got to the clearing I could feel something in my chest pulling me in. it was like a dull ache but it drove me to run harder and faster. I could still sense Lucia hot on my heels, which for some unknown reason felt somewhat comforting. The aching in my chest grew stronger with every step. It wasn’t painful just uncomfortable but somehow in knew it would subside soon, that I was close to whatever was pulling me here. As we got close to the clearing I began to slowly, I raised my hand to tell Lucia to do the same. We came to a stop and crouched down behind some bushes; I closed my eyes and concentrated for a moment. I slowly felt the soft breeze around us coming to a stop. I opened my eyes and looked over at the house. I could feel myself getting antsy, I just needed to get inside, I had to get inside. I could feel a growl rumbling within my chest. I had never felt like this before, the aching pull was taking over me. It was calling to my wolf. Without even realising what I was doing I could feel myself starting to stand. Suddenly a calming sensation ran through me, the aching subsiding ever so slightly. I looked down on my hand and saw and Lucia hand in mine, she was calming me. Her touch was sending a warm tingly sensation up my arms into my chest. My eyes slowly travelled up her arm until I met her eyes, she glared at me slightly before letting my hand go.

     “What the hell were you thinking stay down or he’ll see us. I thought this was supposed to be your master plan. Get your head in the game.” I heard her snap at me.

She was right I need to get my head straight, failure was not an option. My eyes were still on my hand were her hand had just been. It still tingled from her touch. Something strange was going on, I felt at war with myself. The ache in my chest and her tingles seemed to be fighting each other, demanding dominance over each other. Whatever was happening to me now was really not the time for it. Suddenly my attention was brought back onto my mission as I pick up the sound of movement from the house. As i looked over at the glass French door, which led into the kitchen, I saw her. Mia was slowly walking towards Wyatt; she stopped mere inches away from him. I saw the look on her face, I knew she would do anything to help Luca but this must be killer her. Whatever she was saying to him he was obviously enjoying it as he pulled her against him, pressing his body against hers. I could another growl growing in my chest.

    “Knock it off, she can handle it. Concentrate!” Lucia snapped at me once more.

     “Sorry it’s just hard seeing her like that. I know it must be torture for her.” I replied.

     “She’s a big girl; she knows what she’s doing. Beside how else are we going to get in there?” She said.

     “I know.” I replied again.

I watched as Mia started to walk away from him, he grabbed her wrist and pressed himself against her back. Before I could get myself worked up again I felt Lucia’s hand on mine again, she calmed me once more. Whatever he was whispering in her ear it scared her slightly, she was frozen to the spot as he walked away. She stayed there for a moment before he re-joined her. He had a flask in his hand and a blanket over his arm. He took her hand and led her through the doors and headed towards the doors. We stayed completely still until they were out of sight.