Chapter 13

Maddie's POV

We've been sitting in this fenced in area for about an hour and a half. "We have to make a plan to get out of here" I said. Tara looked up at me almost crying. "No you need to find a way out" She said before looking back down at her gun. "No! We're friends now, and I don't leave friends behind" I said after a minute. She nodded getting ready to stand up. "Glenn?" I whispered under my breath. "Hey. Hey! Open the gate!" Glenn yelled to us. I opened it quickly. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I went to get Beth and the rest of the group but I couldn't find them so I went back to the bus and it had already left" I replied. "Well we have to get out and go find the bus, Maggie would go there looking for me" Glenn said. I nodded. "Tara we need your help finding my twin" I said loading my gun. "Why would you want my help? I'm a piece of shit" Tara said finally standing up. "We don't want your help, we need your help" Glenn replied. Tara nodded quickly. "Okay on 3, 1, 2, 3" Glenn said. We ran out and past the prison gates.

"I'm hungry" Maria said. "Glenn do you have anything?" I asked. He nodded and got a energy bar. Then walkers came out of the woods. "Maria stay behind me" I said killing a walker with my knife. Glenn was killing the last one when he passed out. "Shit! Tara kill it, I'll get to Glenn" I said.

A truck pulled up right after Glenn passed out. "Hope you enjoyed the show assholes" Tara yelled. "You have a mouth on you, what else you got?" A red haired man said. Maria instantly got behind me. "Where's my mommy?" Maria yelled from behind me. Then a girl stepped out of the truck. "Mommy?" Maria asked running to her. "Maria?" The girl said.

"I'm Rosita, this is Abraham and Eugene" Rosita said. "I'm Maddie, this is Tara and the one passed out is Glenn" I said. "We're going to DC to save the world, would you like to come with us?" Abraham asked. Tara and I nodded and helped them get Glenn into the back of the truck.

It's been a few hours Tara and I have talked she's pretty cool. "What the?" Glenn said. "It's okay you passed out and they helped us" I said to Glenn. "How long has it been since we passed the bus?" Glenn asked Tara, totally ignoring my existence. "About 3 hours" Tara replied. "What did it look like?" Glenn asked. "There were dead walkers all around the bus" Tara replied. "STOP THE TRUCK!" Glenn yelled. "STOP THE GOD DAMN TRUCK!" I yelled. Abraham stopped and got out. Glenn took this as a chance and jumped out and started walking down the road.

I started getting dizzy so I sat back down. "Are you okay?" Rosita asked me. "Yeah I just got a little dizzy" I replied. "How did find Maria?" Rosita asked. "I didn't my boyfriend did" I replied honestly. "Glenn, he's your boyfriend?" Rosita asked. "No he's my twin sisters husband" I replied thinking about Dylan and the prison. "Oh" was all she said before Eugene shot holes in the truck. We are parked near a corn field and walkers are coming out of them. "Zac? Dylan?" I said as I saw Zac and Dylan as walkers.

Glenn's POV

Glenn's POV

I was arguing with Abraham about going to find Maggie then Eugene shot the damn truck they were driving. Then to make matters worse walkers came out of the corn field we were near. Then I noticed Zac and Dylan. "Oh no" I said running to where Maddie was. "NOOOO!" She sobbed. "Why'd you leave him to turn!" She sobbed worse. I was holding her. "We didn't have time to put him down" I said holding her to my chest. "Abraham, Rosita, and Tara will you kill them?" I asked. They nodded and started killing walkers.

"Can we bury them?" Maddie asked after all the walkers were dead. "You want to bury all of them?" Rosita questioned. "No not all of them just Zac and Dylan" She replied standing up with my help. We then started digging holes.

"Let's get back to looking for Maggie" I said once we put the dirt over their body's.