Chapter 11

Maddie's POV

"You can't seriously be thinking about going on runs" I said to Dylan. "Why not?" He asked. "What if you get hurt?" I asked. "I'll have the team, I promise I'll come back to you" He replied. I nodded and he kissed the top of my head before walking over to the car. I waved when it started driving to the gate.

"Hey Maggie" I said walking over to her. "Hey" She replied. "Where's Glenn?" I asked. "A run. Dylan?" She asked. "Same" I said. "Well I have to go help Carol with storytime, but I'll see you later" I said walking towards the prison libray.

"Maddie" All the kids said in sync once they saw me. "Hey guys" I said walking over and sitting beside Maria and Lizzie. I didn't want to tell anyone but I caught Lizzie feeding rats to the walkers on the fence. She has some issues. After Carol got done with the story she was reading she grabbed a knife and began to teach the children how to defend themselves. I zoned out until Carol told the kids that storytime was over.

I walked into my cell and began reading The Scorch Trials. I finished The Maze Runner so I began on the second book in the series. I was deep into the book when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see Daryl. Oh no. If it's Daryl that means the groups back and Dylan didn't make it. No! Don't think like that I'm sure he's okay!

"Dylan.... Didn't make it" Daryl said after a minute. I didn't say anything, I didn't cry. I nodded and he looked confused. "How?" I asked trying to process it. "Walker got him" Daryl replied walking out. I wasn't gonna cry because before he left I knew he wasn't coming back but I still let him go.

Maria walked into my room. "Maddie what's wrong?" She asked. "Dylan, he got bit today" I replied. Maria ran and hugged me sobbing into my shirt. She really loved Dylan. Hell everyone loved Dylan, he was just a lovable guy.

Maggie walked into my cell with the look of pity on her face. I hate pity looks and she knows it. "I'm sorry" She cried. I started crying with her.

______________________________

Nooo! We've lost Dylan Everett! 😢😭