2

Tommie POV

     " You are going to bed right now." I sternly told my one-year-old. He started to cry and rub his eyes. I sighed walking over to him. I bent down to his eye level and he wrapped his arms around me as I picked him up. "Goodnight, baby." I kissed the top of his head making my way to his room when the doorbell rang. I huffed and walked to the door to see Brendan." What are you doing here so late ?" I asked him. He leaned against the door frame and smiled at me.

      " You remember when we were speaking earlier ?" Yeah? What about it ?" " Well, I kind of told my fiancée that I was cheating on her and that girl...was you." I glared at him and shifted Levi on my hip. " You what !?!" " I'm sorry, okay ?" I rolled my eyes about to close the door when his foot stopped me. " Move your foot." " I don't want to go back there to sleep because I'm pretty sure we are just going have to make up sex-" "Okay, you can stay here but don't try anything funny." I opened the door and Brendan smiled at me. I carried Levi to his room and quietly placed him in his bed. " Goodnight ." I closed the door and made my way to the living room. "So, what did you make for dinner ?" Brendan was loosening his tie with his feet on my coffee table. " Feet off the table." He quickly moved his feet off the table got up walking towards me. " Did you hear me ?" "Oh, I heard you. I just was wondering who died and made you resident of this home." " Sorry." I walked toward the kitchen signaling him to follow me. " What did you make for dinner? " "Chicken alfredo with homemade garlic bread," I told him reaching in the cupboard for a plate. " You made it yourself ?" I rolled my eyes.

     "Obviously, Levi isn't much help to me...neither was his father when I was cooking ." I softly said. " Does Levi remind you of him ?" I sighed placing the lid of the pot on the counter. " So much, even the simplest thing, like the way he laughs...James always laughed with a little snort and then his face would turn red because he was embarrassed or his awful sense of humor." I slightly laughed. "Not a day goes by that I don't miss him." I continued. I placed a heaping pile of pasta and a slice of garlic bread on his plate. " Do you remember when I asked you to the fall dance freshman year ?" I turned around to see Brendan sitting on the stool against the island. "Yes! Oh my god!I said no because I thought you were conceited as hell." I smiled and placed the food in front of him.

" I wasn't conceited...I was just outspoken." He admitted taking a bite of the pasta. "Yeah, outspoken my ass." I laughed. I grabbed two glasses and a bottle of white wine. "Tommie, I could kiss you this is so good." He moaned. " Thank you but no thanks." I poured some in a glass and slid it over to him. " Do you know what else I remember ?" " What ?" I poured some in my glass and put the bottle away. " The night I gave you the promise ring, senior year...we promised that we would be together even after high school and college. That one day we will get married and have kids of our own. " I looked at him and saw that he was finished eating. " I still have it, you know ?" " Have what ?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "The ring, stupid." " Really ?" " Yeah," I said to him. " I thought you would've have lost it already." " James did NOT like the fact that I still had it but I didn't understand the big deal since we had just started dating," I explained to him. " Well, that's because he thought you would leave him and be with me again. I was a competition ." Brendan smiled. I rolled my eyes. " Whatever." I took his plate from him and placed it in the dishwasher. " Thank you, Tommie...I appreciate you letting me stay here for the night." " No problem, what are friends for ?" I walked to the linen closet to grab a sheet and two pillowcases. " Okay, I will put the linen on the bed and then you can go to sleep. " He walked over to me and took the bedding from me. " What are you doing ?" I asked. " I'll do it. Goodnight." I stared at him but obliged. "Goodnight, Brendan." I walked past him towards my room.

Brendan POV

I watched her walk away, staring at her butt. I carried the bedding into the spare room I was going to sleep in for the night. I turned on the light and I was faced with a brightly decorated room ranging from the color orange to turquoise. I found the remote and turned on the TV and put it on ESPN. I placed the sheet on the bed spreading the sheet across the mattress. I put the pillow inside the pillowcases and took off my clothes and laid down in the bed. " Shit," I said looking for my phone forgetting it in the kitchen. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen to see Tommie standing in front of the fridge in an oversized blue jersey with the number '8'. " I see you still have my baseball jersey," I smirked leaning against the door. Tommie spun around, eyes wide holding a tub of Cookies n' Cream ice cream in her hand and a spoon in her mouth. " I -um-it's comfy ?" I chuckled walking to the island to get my phone. " Looks good on you," I said to her while my eyes roamed her body. Her thighs covered in freckles. Her hair down stopping at her shoulders. " Stop flirting with me and go to sleep." She said walking past me toward the living room. "I don't think I'm tired yet. How about I stay out here with you ?" "No, go to sleep." I disappeared to turn off the TV. I walked back outside to see Tommie watching Hart Of Dixie.

      " Wade...is just...ugh." She sighed. " I look better," I said. She glared at me. I sat next to her and smiled. " Didn't I tell you to go to sleep ?" " You went Mommy mode on me. I don't listen very well." My phone vibrated, I groaned. Jessica. " What does she want from me ?" I answered the phone to hear a nasal voice speak. "Baby? Where are you? " I'm at a friend's." " I know all of your friend's." " You don't know her." " It's a female I don't know about." " It's the girl I'm cheating on you with." " You are a pig, Brendan. I'm leaving. Don't expect to see me when you come home tomorrow." " I'm not surprised, Jess. Leave your ring on the nightstand in my bedroom. Goodnight." I turned to see Tommie holding a laugh in. " You are an ass." " I know."