My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

      Ah hell, this can't be good...

*****************

Derek's Point Of View

"Are you sure, Coop?" I asked my best friend.

      He nodded. "Yes, no doubt about it."

      I couldn't believe it. I wanted Cooper to be wrong, but damn that Marcus! I know he is a bastard and a heartless son of a bitch, but having the entire Elders turn against me and have me replaced by Darren, my older brother, is just plain wrong.

      This is not due process. Marcus had encroached the rules and abused the use of his status
just to get rid of me. As for my fellow Elders, they were all spineless eels.

      They were all the same.

      However, be it unfair or not, I don't care. I'll deal with this later. Reagan's birthday is tomorrow and I had to contact a person who was once an important person in Reagan's life.

      I wouldn't call this a gift. It is sort of a closure for Reagan.

      "Are you going to do something about this?" Cooper asked as he moved to where I'm sitting.

       I shrugged. "I will, but not now," I told him.

       Indeed. For now, anyway. 

*******************

Reagan's Point Of View

I woke up with a wide, silly grin plastered on my face. I didn't mind my cheeks were slightly hurting from stretching their muscles, but who cares! I'm happy.

      Why?

      It's my birthday and I'm finally eighteen!

      Yeah, you betcha! Go shawty, it's your birthday! We gon' party like it's your birthday! We gon'...

      Okay, that went overboard.

      As I moved to sit upright, I was stunned that my body wasn't sore, nor my head was pounding like crazy. Could it be? Does that mean my transformation is complete? I'm a full Galerian now?

      It was so hard to believe that all my life, I thought I was just an ordinary teenager, expecting drama and boy problems as I go along but now? It took on a whole new scale and here I am, a descendant of a legendary Galerian, Sephrina, who had so much hate against the purebloods who did her wrong.

Despite all that, I was curious on what I can do or how powerful I had become. Well, let's test out this super-powers I had inherited from my forebears.

      My eyes roamed around my room, looking for an object, and when my eyes landed on my hoodie that was slung on a chair, I grinned. 'Perfect,' I thought.  With concentration, I willed for it to levitate and...

     "My love, are you awake?"

      Aw, come on! Derek has the worst timing ever!

      Sighing, I leaned on my back against the headboard and yelled back, "Yeah, I'm awake!"

      The door opened and Derek came in, smiling his breath-taking smile and on his hand was a bunch of Carnations which happened to be my favorite.

      I actually melted on the inside. Damn, my man is so sweet.

      "Happy Birthday, my love," he greeted me as he sat at the edge of my bed and kissed me on the lips. "You're finally eighteen," he murmured, still lingering on my lips.

      I sighed, still not believing that this man is mine. I feel like I am in the middle of make-believe and reality; it feels so surreal that I can't embrace the fact that I am with Derek and he loves me.

      "Are you okay now?" he asked. "Does your body hurt still?"

      I shook my head. 'Such a worry wart,' I thought. "No, not anymore. I feel fine now."

       "Well that's good, since it's your birthday," he said, smiling broadly.

      "Yeah, exciting isn't it?" I asked, kissing him one more time and leaned back against the heaboard. "Imagine all the things I can do at this age," I said with a hint of malice into it.

      Derek's eyes darkened as he took in my words. "Ma cherie..." he muttered in a low, husky voice.

      I giggled. He was just easy to tease. "Just kidding," I said and eyed the carnations in his hand. "Are those for me?"

      His eyes lit up, handed me the flowers which I gladly took and he then took my hand. "I know these are your favorite, so I hope you like them," he raised my hand and kissed my knuckles tenderly. "Again, Happy Birthday, Reagan," he said, still holding my hand.

      I blushed a beet root. "Thank you, Dee."

      "There is someone here to see you," Derek declared, all of a sudden looking nervous.

      I frowned. Who on Earth would be here to see me? I had assume that it is only dad, Ryder, him and Cooper who will be with me on my birthday, but another? Who could that be?

      "Who?" I asked, curiosity lacing my tone.

      "You just have to see who it is," he said and then turned his face for the door. "You can come in now!"

      As I sat there,  waiting for this mystery person to show, my heart was pounding out of my rib cage for some reason. To be honest, I had this gut feeling that I knew this person and I knew I wasn't going to like it one bit.

      Seconds passed and the suspense had literally put me on edge, the door finally opened and in strode the woman who had abandoned me, lied to me and who didn't protect me from that bastard of a so-called father. 

      "Mom?" I breathed, breathless from the shock. 

      I feel like there was a lump lodged up my throat, making it hard for me to breathe as I stared at the woman who of all things had the audacity to smile warmly at me. That caged resentment, the anger, I felt for her encompassed my whole being and I could almost taste it on my tongue.

      The onslaught of these emotions were too much to take.

      She smiled and said, "Happy Birthday, baby girl."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I just have to end it there because the next chapter is fully about Reagan's little drama and birthday. ;-D

Thanks for reading!