My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three

Thanks for the cover, hon! 

My Benefactor 

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Thirty Three

Note : Special shout out to Indivisible for making the trailer ;-D Thank you!

Bryson's Point of View

Right now, my head hurts like hell.

      It feels like thousands of Anvils dropped on my head at one go.

      If this is what Willy Cayote felt when that Anvil dropped on him, then, I feel you bud. Totally feel you.

      Groaning, I peeled my eyes slowly, blinking furiously to get rid of blurriness. As my vision went back to focus, I found out I was tied to a chair, and more importantly, I was in a room - a very dirty one at that; the walls had grime on it, there was a small window to the far left of the room, across the window was a door with its paint peeling due to aging, and a small, dilapidated table was pushed back to the wall near the window.

      'Where the hell am I?' I thought, very confused.

      And then, just like I had been jolted by lightning, I remembered being whacked hard in the head... and that voice...

      Damn it! That bitch Ciara!

      When will she get the hint that I son't want anything to do with her now? How much will it take for me to feed sense into that psychotic brain that there'd be no us anymore?

      I can't even answer that when I'm freaking tied to a chair!

      Through my anger, I struggled, squirmed from my bindings, and it needed great difficulty since both my arms and legs were tightly secured with the rope. With one last struggle, the door flung open and in strode Ciara, looking smug and confident as ever.

      However, the person followed behind had me choke on my own saliva.

      Marcus. A pureblood and a freaking Elder.

      What is he doing here?! And with her of all people?!

      Ciara trotted towards me, still sporting that creepy smile that I'd like to smack it off her pretty little face just as hard or twice the force than she did with my head.

      "My handsome prince has awakened," she gushed, clasping her hands together for dramatic effect.

      "You're delusional, Ciara," I spat at her. "What will you accomplish by doing all of this?"

      She frowned, but I could tell it was fake. "Aw, you're hurting my feelings," she said as she clutched her heart as if she was hurt.

      I snorted. "Feelings? You?" I asked her in disbelief. "You have nothing of those because all you have been doing is causing trouble to me and Reagan. You are nothing but a thorn on my backside and to think that I LOVED YOU!"

      I couldn't hold it in. I admit that I did love her, but her dramatic change... I just couldn't even manage to swallow it.

      Her eyes started to glisten as though she wanted to cry. Oh, please spare me. "Loved?" she asked. "Why past tense?"

      "Are you that dense, Ciara?!" I asked incredulously. "Yes, "loved" - past tense, because you are being unreasonable. Why punish me for not loving you anymore? Why are you forcing me the impossible? Why can't you just leave me the hell alone and move on?!"

      Ciara glared, took a step closer and slapped me across the face.

      What's with all this abuse?!

      "I'm doing this because I love you," she said, her breathing ragged and her eyes staring intensely into my own. "Ever since Reagan came back, you started to drift away from me and I was afraid, but I can't let you go. You're mine and mine always."

      Slight guilt bubbled up inside of me. I did start to drift away from her when Reagan came back. I couldn't help it; she was the love of my life and I didn't stop loving her.

      "I'm sorry, Ciara," I said softly. "I did love you but --"

      "But you love Reagan more," she interjected me, her voice cracking. "I know."

      And with that, she turned to face Marcus, who has been watching everything with a bored expression on his face.

      Prick...

      "Elder Marcus," Ciara said, "do what needs to be done."

      Marcus rolled his pitch black eyes. "It's about time," he muttered as he went around her and stood in front of me. "Kids... so emotional."

      "What are you doing?" I asked, eyeing the pureblood warily.

      Marcus smirked and put his hand on my forehead and I winced from the coldness of his touch. "This won't hurt a bit," he said, chuckling a little.

      I looked Ciara. "Ciara?" I asked.

      As a response, she gave me smile.