Chapter 16: Too Good To Be True

The temperature of Robyn's room this morning was perfect. It was cold enough to keep her wrapped up under the blankets, cuddled within the arms of her new flame. The peeking light through her curtains woke her up but before she even opened her eyes, her mouth already had a grin.

She buried her head in the crook of Aubrey's neck, slightly sniffing his scent. She trailed kisses on his neck, trying not to wake him up. Her actions felt natural and being with him felt so beyond normal. It's just this time, they both can do more.

A small smile peeked through Aubrey's lips.

"Good morning to you too, gorgeous" he said.

"So.." she prepped herself up, "I don't know about you but I'm taking the day off"

"Awww, I'm flattered" his smug was apparent.

"Umm..not because of you, lover boy. I need a rest, you know?"

"Deny anything and everything, beautiful. I know what's on your mind."

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

Robyn buried her head under the pillow next to Aubrey's head. Her head popped back up not too long after, still with the smile she sported earlier.

"I can't believe I'm here with you. Right now. I'm able to hug, kiss, cuddle with you how I want to.."

What's so great about Aubrey is that he has pretty much everything about Robyn and he's seen her in pretty much all moods and attitudes she can give off. However, this, he hasn't seen before. It was kind of like an unstoppable, careless type of happiness.

She bit her lower lip but her curved up mouth still peeked through.

"You're kinda cute, you know? Just a little." she confessed to him as she leaned in quickly for a peck on the lips.

"I'm more than just cute," he faced her; they were now lying down face to face in her comfortable bed.

"I'm going crazy over you, Aubrey Drake Graham. Are you sure you can handle me?"

Aubrey took his time to study her face. Her bare face. It's not like he hasn't seen her without makeup before, of course he has, but it's just a little more different today. He's able to look at her as long as he wanted without being obliged to say something else.

The bright rays of sun made the color of her eyes pop out. It's greener than usual. Her lips' very defined cupid bow has a perfect shape and it spreads out beautifully whenever she smiled. Her skin is flawless, she looks younger without makeup but either way, he liked it.

He didn't want to stop looking at her because in the back of his mind, this is all still too good to be true. She can't be possibly laying down next to him, telling him all these things. The fact that this might all just be a dream on his head and he can wake up anytime soon scares him.

"Come here" he demanded as her body moved closer to his.

The stray hair on her face was moved away by his hand and tucked it in the back of her ear.

Their heads moved closer to each other, their breathing got heavier and it was apparent since their surrounding felt warmer.

The sheer relaxation Robyn felt with their position made her heart pound faster by the minute. She just couldn't explain what is was but she absolutely loves it. Her mind then wondered if she's ever felt like this before.

"Have I?" she asked herself.

"What are you thinking about right now?" he questioned her.