Chapter Six

The ambulance arrived with the police, Judy explained everything to Chief while Nick stayed with me in the back of the ambulance. "Nothing major. Just a scratch. But it was pretty deep so we have you butterfly stitches." The Cheetah said to me and I thanked her. We climbed out the car and met Judy, "Everything is taken care of and they will be taken to the hospital." She said and I nodded my head. "Well, let's get back to the station. I'm sure they have a meeting planned for us, we'll have to explain everything at least eight times." I said laughing as we walked back to my car, "Woah, red, I think I should drive. Your head." He said pointing to my head and I nodded. Judy smiled as she shut my door, "You two take off, I think Chief said he needed me." She said running off and I turned around to a smiling Nick. "Clever fox." I said smiling and he turned the car on, "Super understanding bunny out there." He said as we pulled onto the road and drove back into Zootopia. "So Nick, when do you plan on leaving?" I asked quietly and he looked at me, "Abigail, I already told you I'm gonna protect you no matter what. I'm not leaving you." He said and I smiled. "You really mean that?" I asked and he grabbed my paw with one of his. "I mean that more than I've meant anything my whole life. Plus, Carrots gave me a paper to be her partner. Looks like you'll be seeing a lot more of me." He said and I laughed. "Oh darn." I said and he squeezed my paw, "C'mon darling. I thought you actually like me." He said laughing and I laughed with him. We eventually got back to Zootopia. "Press conference tomorrow. See you then!" Judy texted me. "Okay. See you tomorrow." I texted back and Nick looked down as we pulled up to my apartment. "Who's that?" He asked parking the car and turning it off, "Judy. We have a press conference tomorrow." I said opening my door and Nick followed me inside the complex and I pressed the button to call the elevator. "Nick you can stay here if you want, we've had a rough day and I don't think you should walk home alone." I said when the elevator arrived and Nick stood next to me. "I gladly accept your invitation Abigail." He said walking into the elevator behind me and I smiled. I pressed the button that lead to my floor and we waited as the elevator began to go up. "It's nothing special. My apartment." I said quietly and Nick smiled, "Anything that involves you is special." He said and I smiled. The elevator stopped and we walked out, "Judy lives right there." I said pointing to the door next to mine. "Nice." Nick said as I opened my door and he walked in. "Nick you can have my bed, I'll be fine on the couch." I said laying down on the couch and Nick stood in front of me. "Uh no, this is your house." He said and I rubbed my eyes. "I just want sleep." I said tiredly and he picked me up, "Well then you'll get your sleep." He said walking and looking around and then opened up a door. "Now let's get you ready for bed." He said laying me down on the bed and covering me up. He stood in the doorway and turned out the light, "Nick." I said quietly and he turned around, "Yeah Abigail?" He asked and I sat up, "Stay with me." I said quietly and he walked over and sat by my feet. "I can stay on the couch, I don't care." He said holding my paw and I shook my head. "No, please. Please stay." I said and he nodded his head. "Okay." He said walking over to the other side of the bed and kicked his shoes off, he climbed into the bed next to me. "Goodnight Abigail." He said. "Goodnight Nick." I said softly as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. I woke up and looked around, Nick had wrapped his arms around me and was holding me tightly against his chest. I smiled softly and relaxed into his hold. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again, Nick continued to hold me against him and I snuggled into his chest and went back to sleep.