Sorry Not Sorry

That just happened. You just did that. And it had felt amazing. As soon as your lips had touched him, you had felt a wave of something go over you. It was so hard to explain, to put the sensation into words. At first you felt cold, but then you were warm all over. Fuzzy, even. Like it could fix anything that had ever been wrong. But the butterflies- they were something else entirely.

How long has it been since you had felt butterflies? You had vague memories, but none of them even compared to what you had just felt. Not even close. Everything had happened so quickly, but those butterflies, that tingly sensation in your stomach, that stayed.

You got up from your spot on the floor. You had sunk to the ground after you slammed the door, too flustered to really do anything. Just breathe, you told yourself. This wasn't that big of a deal, right? He had done the same thing last night. People did that all of the time, right?

Bratty and Catty were right, you were so crushing.

Reaching into your jacket pocket, you grabbed your phone. You saw a couple of texts and calls from Sans, but decided that they would be awkward to listen to now, so you deleted the voicemails. You headed to the kitchen, thinking that some breakfast was definitely in order.

You cooked quickly, just some scrambled eggs, and ate them just as fast. It was when you were washing the dishes that you heard the loud footsteps of Papyrus coming up the stairs. But, it was a bit different this morning. It sounded like there was another, quieter set of footsteps behind him. Would it be rude to go see who was out there?

Nah, you thought, besides, I always tell Papyrus good morning. You went to your front door, opening it just in time to see the white and red flash of Papyrus run by. Wait, why did he look taller? The skeleton quickly spun around, running up to your door. He had a child on his shoulders, and they were both grinning wildly.

"HUMAN! GOOD MORNING! I SEE THAT YOU HAVE ESCAPED MY BROTHER'S EMBRACE!"

You lit up like a Christmas light, and you were just as red as one too. The child on top of his shoulders burst into giggles, and then wiggled their eyebrows at you.

"Oh gosh, you saw that? That must have been so weird, I mean, it was weird for me too, but.."

"NONSENSE, HUMAN! SANS LIKES YOU VERY, VERY MUCH." Papyrus declared, removing the kid from his shoulders and setting them down. "HUMAN, THIS IS FRISK." He nodded to the kid in front of you.

Frisk stuck their hand out for you to shake, and you grabbed it gently. Their handshake was much more firm than you would have guessed, and your surprise must have shown.

There was a giggle from behind the child and skeleton. You looked up, and were shocked when you saw a... Goat? Lady? Your "all monster fur is beautiful" theory may has well been confirmed at this point. In front of you stood another monster, and she was beautiful. Elegant, even. She was huge, even taller than Papyrus. She wore a long, purple dress with intricate designs on the front. She raised a hand- paw? to her mouth to muffle her laughter, quietly speaking.

"Oh, excuse me, dear. I did not mean to intrude." Her voice was so soothing, it immediately calmed you. She looked familiar, but you couldn't really place where you had seen her. She must have been in the news at some point, you guessed.

"No, no, it's fine," you smiled at her, then looked back to Papyrus. "I just thought I'd see what all of the commotion was about."

Frisk waved at Papyrus to get his attention, and then moved his hands about. Was he signing? Not that it was any of your business, but you were still interested. You had taken an ASL class your junior year of high school, and hadn't used it since. So you didn't really understand what Frisk was saying until Papyrus grinned up at you, shouting even louder than usual.