-"We'll discuss more things tomorrow." He says in an unexpected quiet voice, which amazes me. "But as for now, you are grounded..." WHAT?!

-"What?"

-"Listen to me, you are grounded, you will ask permission to go out, I will track you if it's necessary, so now go to your room. And tomorrow, you're apologizing to Emma, she had planed out a special dinner for you." Ahh! Why does that make me feel like a horrible human? I start to move my body back to my room when I have an idea.

-"May I use the phone? I need to make a call." He looks at me surprised, which bothers me, are we even speaking the same language here? "The phone? Is it prohibit to use the phone when you're grounded? I wouldn't know it's my first time." My voice filled with irony.

-"You want to make a phone call?"

-"Two calls actually." He hands me the phone and stands expecting me to start dialing. "I should do it in my room. Excuse me." I leave before he can even speak. This whole thing will not workout if I live in his house. And if he doesn't get me into the dorms I can always rent an apartment, my mother would have to approve it, and pay it, but if she refuses I have my trust fund or I could ask my grandpa for money, he would not refuse. I would even prefer moving to my grandparents house. Now that I think about it, it's not a bad idea, uhh, maybe there will be three phone calls after all.

Pick up, pick up please!

-"Dr. Inés Verardi speaking." 

-"Mom! Hi, it's me, Ángela."

-"You don't need to introduce yourself, you're my only daughter, when you say mom, I know who's speaking." This was a big mistake, I roll my eyes. When am I going to learn? She's more useless than a calculator on a grammar test.

-"It's always a pleasure speaking to you mom!"

-"Do you need something? I am about to get into bed, I don't want to waste time, it's been an exhausting day for me." I feel you mother, same thing here.

-"Yep, I'll be breve. Mom, what are the chances of me getting in a plane and going back to the States? I know it's not what we planned but improvising is fun right?"

-"Ángela, I am a surgeon, I perform heart and brain operations, everything I do is precise, I follow procedures, improvisation is not in my vocabulary." Ha, so this is where my sarcasm comes from.

-"Mommy, I love when you're sarcastic to me, but I'm kind of in a living or dying situation." 

-"It's only been two days! The good thing is I already won twenty dollars, I said you'd freak out within the first week, Sofía had more faith in you." Mother of the year over here!

-"Mom! I'm being the most serious I have ever been."

-"Okay. Listen. Here's what we're going to do. You are going to calm down, get into bed, and I will speak with your father about this. To-mo-rrow! You are not getting into a plane and you most certainly are not going back to America. Did I make myself clear?"

-"It's always a pleasure talking to you, jeez, you're so supportive."

-"Did I make myself clear Ángela?" She asks and I know she's all business now.

-"Yes mother."

-"Great, have a good night." And she hangs up the phone. It went better than expected, but I don't know if that'll work for me.

I am about to make my second call when I hear a sound from outside of my room. This better not be what I think it is. I stand and place my ear on the door. Is someone on the other side listening? Unfreakinbelievable, I can't believe this. Apparently being grounded means zero privacy. I grab the phone and get into the closet. Suck this father! I dial the number but she doesn't pick up. Voicemail.