Chapter 10

A banshee like scream erupted from my mouth, tearing through me like a jagged shard of glass. It was half human, half animal. It yelled pain and anguish. It shouted wildness and ferocity.

I charged towards her, my arms outstretched, my war-cry echoed through the streets. Like a sudden storm, I lashed out with the speed of lightening and the strength of thunder. My nails clawed against her skin as she failed to react. I had caught her off guard. Gripping the knife, I plunged it into her heart.

Searing pain spread through my body like electricity. A bullet shot through my left hip, forcing all the air out of my lungs. The pain throbbed, the current surged through me. But I didn't let go of her convulsing body. I watched as her eyes emitted confusion and terror, to realization and regret. I watched as they dulled, like she was trapped in her own world, separated by a glass window.

I sunk to my knees as my vision was cloaked with a white haze. I watched Vesta whip his head back and forth, shaking away the reality. I watched him pull at his hair, attempting to throw away the guilt that would drive him insane. I watched all his hope disintegrated, his sobs shattered my heart. I watched his gold-flecked eyes fill with ineffable agony and remorse.

"Birdie...?" he croaked. Using the last shred of energy, I shook my head. The world faded into white as I heard his voice for the last time.

I embraced the eviternal arms of oblivion and realized that you can't live in the real world when all you see is your own. Like a mirror, you need to break away from your reflection. Only then can our different worlds rise as one.

And that is the end of Flooding Aldham! Please check out my other books

Make sure you also check out Human Nature (A Dystopian Short Story) by my friend Lunar Orchid (in my works). We wrote our dystopian short stories together for out Literature Lovers class!

Controlling Perfection (A Very Short - Short Story).

Coolest words ever

Coolest Words Ever 2

Best Insults Comebacks Pick Up Lines

Everything Wrong With Daniel Hutton

House of Memories

See you soon fellow readers,

Read, Write, Imagine, Explore

Mavy-liz