Your Hero (Vylad x Wife!Reader)

A/N: (D/N)= Daughter's name

No one's P.O.V

(Y/N) hummed to herself, chopping vegetables for dinner. (D/N) sat at the kitchen table coloring a picture that would no doubt be put on the fridge like all the others. It was quiet and there was something about the atmosphere that made (Y/N) feel extremely content. There was nothing special about the moment, but she loved how simple everything felt. The silence was interrupted by the ringing of a phone, and (Y/N) put down the knife. She picked up her phone off the counter, and, seeing that it was her husband, answered cheerfully. "Hey," she chirped. "Hey (Y/N)," he responded, "What's got you in such a good mood?" Vylad smiled as he waited for her response. No matter what, hearing that his wife happy always put him in a good mood, or at least a better one. "I'm not sure, I just feel really happy today for some reason." In truth, (Y/N) knew exactly why she felt so happy. She couldn't tell Vylad the reason, though. It was a surprise. Vylad chuckled, picturing the grin he could tell she had. "On your way home?" she asked. Vylad sighed. "Actually, no. I called to let you know that I have to work late," he said, frowning slightly. "Oh, okay. When will you be home?" (Y/N) asked. She sounded a little disappointed, and Vylad felt bad for ruining her good mood. "Not sure. Sorry that I have to miss dinner." (Y/N) sighed. "It's alright. It's your job, you have to work to earn money. Nothing wrong with that." She replied, making sure to not sound as disappointed as she actually was. Vylad smiled softly. "Love you. Tell (D/N) I'm sorry I won't be able to tuck her in." She nodded even though he couldn't see it. "I love you too, and I will. Bye," (Y/N) said, hanging up after Vylad said goodbye. (D/N) looked up from her drawing. "Was that Daddy? Is he almost home?" She asked. "It was him, but he'll be getting home late. He told me to tell you that he's sorry he won't be able to tuck you in." (Y/N) replied, setting her phone on the table. "Oh," She muttered looking upset for a moment, but quickly went back to smiling. "That's okay! He can just tuck me in tomorrow." The statement made her mother smile again as she went back to making dinner.

~Small time skip of about an hour~

(Y/N) finished doing the dishes, glancing at the clock on the wall as she dried her hands. "(D/N), bed time!" She called, to her daughter who was already in her room. "Okay!" She heard her call back. She walked slowly up the stairs, sighing as she felt more tired than normal. As she entered (D/N)'s room, she saw her already in bed awaiting her routine story. (Y/N) smiled softly and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Alright, what story do you want to hear tonight?" She thought for a moment before smiling brightly and saying, "I wanna hear the story of how you and Daddy met!" (Y/N) laughed slightly. "Where'd that one come from? You never seemed interested in how we met before." (D/N) shrugged, smiling. "I just thought of it, and now I really want to know." (Y/N) smiled. "Okay, if that's the story you want to hear." The young girl nodded, shifting slightly to get more comfortable. "Well, we met back in my first year of college. Back then I was a little on the shy side and didn't have many friends. That led to me being picked on a little, but it was never too much. Just the occasional teasing joke and what not. One evening while I was sitting in my dorm room, an invitation for a party was slipped under my door. It was the first party I had ever been invited to since starting college and at first, I wasn't going to go. In the end though, after hearing so many people talk about it, I decided I couldn't be the odd one out not that time. So, when the day of the party came along, I went. I didn't know anyone there and I felt completely out of place. About an hour later, and I had barely moved away from the wall. As I'm standing there, about to leave, this girl comes over to me and says this guy wanted her to come get me. I wanted to do something else than just stand there, so I went with her. Turns out a group of people just wanted an unsuspecting victim to play a prank on." (D/N) interrupted you, saying in a sleepy voice. "That's so mean..." (Y/N) nodded. "It was pretty mean. Anyway, the girl took me outside by the pool where she showed me the guy that apparently wanted to talk to me. We started talking and I was actually starting to open up a bit, but then I heard someone yell 'Now!'. Next thing I know, the guy I was talking to pushes me. Now, pushing me into the pool would've been bad enough, but it ended up being worse than that." (D/N) interrupted again to say, "I bet Daddy's gonna save you from the pool." (Y/N) smiled continuing. "You see, I hit my head when I fell and it knocked me out. Everyone was too busy laughing to notice, but it just so happens that your father had walked outside right before I was pushed. He noticed I hit my head and dived into the pool to help me. When I woke up I saw Vylad yelling at the people who pushed me. He took me to the hospital for my head and it turns out I had a concussion." (D/N) interrupted one more time. "What's a con-con...*yawn* What's that?" "It means I hurt my head really bad. So, your dad and I met when he saved me." The young girl smiled sleepily. "That means Daddy's your hero, right?" (Y/N) nodded. "It does. He's done many more things for you and me since then to try and make us happy. That makes him an even bigger hero in my book." She replied, placing a hand over her stomach. "Mine too..." (D/N) managed to barely get the two words out before falling asleep. (Y/N) kissed her forehead before turning off the lights and walking out of the room. After closing the door, she turned to walk to her room and jumped in surprise when she saw Vylad standing in front of her. "Hero, huh? I like that." He said, smiling playfully. (Y/N) smiled back, kissing him on the cheek. "Of course, every good hero has a sidekick. I'm lucky enough to have two." He said, grinning. "Two, soon to be three." (Y/N) said, grinning as well. A look of confusion crossed Vylad's face. It took him a moment before his eyes widened in realization. "Are you...?" He didn't even finish his question before she nodded. Vylad picked (Y/N) up in a hug giving her a kiss. "That's great!"He said, setting her back down gently. She giggled, nodding. He kissed her again, a little longer this time. "I love you. Both of you." He said, poking her stomach very gently. She laughed a little. "I love you too, Mr. Hero."

IT'S ALIVE!! IIIT'S ALIIIIVE! Seriously though, sorry it's been so long. I'm also sorry if this one-shot sucks. Like, I really feel like this sucks and I'm very sorry for that. This is the first time I've had the inspiration to write in months and I'm really just trying to get back into the swing of things. ....I can't get over the feeling that this bad. Like I feel like Vylad is a little ooc and.... I dunno. Feel free to give me your absolute, 100% honest opinion on this thing no matter how bad that might be. If it's as bad as I think it is, I'm rewriting it. If not, I'll leave it alone. I'm gonna stop now because I sound like I'm fishing for compliments. Bye for now! Sorry for seemingly fishing for compliments!