“I know but you’re not fully mates yet, I still have a chance” He winked and I understood what he meant. Until Adrian and I have sex the mating isn’t truly complete and its fragile it can still be broken.

“I…” I started but there is really nothing to say until I heard a low growl come from Adrian.

“Stay away from her” He said low and threatening.

“She can be around whomever she wants” Jace said proper raising an eyebrow in my direction.

“It’s true Adrian, I won’t be controlled. I’m not the typical lay-down-with-her-tail-between-her-legs-for-her-mate wolf” I said seeing an opportunity to lay down a ground rule.

“I didn’t mean it like that” He defended himself.

I just brushed it off and sighed “I’m so ready to go home” I said.

“Want me to drive you home?” Adrian asked.

I gave a side glance at Jace and he only nodded. A bit confused I nodded yes. “Go ahead I know what cars yours” I said and he hesitated until I gave him a go-now look and he left.

“Thanks so much for the amazing night Jace, you’re not as bad as I thought you were” I said sincerely.

“You’re welcome” He said letting his accent through, and taking my hand and kissing it.

I giggled “See you at school Jace” I said hugging him and he hugged back tightly.

“So you still want to talk to me?” He asked and I looked at him like he was insane.

“Duh, why wouldn’t I?” I asked laughing.

“I just thought since your boyfriend doesn’t like me…” He trailed off.

I let out a huge laugh “Hell no! He isn’t my boss and never will be” I said.

“Glad to hear it” He replied.

I waved “Goodnight Jace” I said.

“Goodnight Monet” He said as I slowly left on cloud nine.

I skipped out of the school and into the night air feeling Mother Nature caress me like a child. I grinned happily seeing Adrian outside his car talking to what looked to be Ian. I froze when their heads snapped my way, but apprehensively walked up beside Adrian when he smiled.

“Hey Ian, What are you doing here?” I asked in the nicest way possible.

“Oh nothing, Just stretching my paws when I saw Adrian here and he told me something very interesting” He said grinning like the cat he is.

“Oh god. Why?” I said hitting Adrian and blushing.

“You don’t expect me to keep it to myself do you?” He asked.

“I guess not, don’t run home and say anything I want us to tell them!” I said glaring at Ian.

“Okay, see you love birds soon” He winked and took off running into the woods.

All of a sudden I felt Adrian’s lips on mine and I immediately kissed back, when he pulled away he grinned “I thought he would never leave” He said and I laughed.

“Let’s go Mr. Eger” I said slapping his chest playfully and climbing into the car. I took my mask and shoes off as he started the car “Ahh, that feels good” I sighed and I heard him stifle a laugh. “Shut-up you trying wearing heels and see how you like it” I barked.

“No thanks. I’d rather people not think I’m a cross dresser” He grimaced.

Suddenly I imagined it; Adrian in a slick black wig, a tight red dress, stiletto heels, and extremely bright makeup. The greatest thing was is that he wouldn’t make a bad Drag queen. I started laughing out loud and he looked at me confused then gave me a playful glare.

“You just imagined me in Drag didn’t you?” He asked turning up the road to the pack house.

I nodded “You can take solace in the fact that your one sexy Drag queen” I said laughing and he just chuckled shaking his head.

We rode silently the rest of the way the whole time with smiles on our faces.

We pulled in to the house and I took a deep breath feeling nervous about having to tell everyone about this. I felt Adrian grab my hand and give it a reassuring squeeze and a smile. I nodded giving him a smile to.

“Ready?” He asked and I took a shaky breath.

“Yeah” I nodded as we let go of each other’s hand to get out of the vehicle, only to have them joined together again after we got out of the car.

I plastered a smile on my face walking to the door with Adrian rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on my hand. I opened the door and heard a clattering in the kitchen and then footsteps came towards the door. Mom was in the doorway a second later, her baby bump seemed to somehow double in size from earlier.

She had a cheeky grin on her face “Told you I knew something you didn’t” She said and my mouth flew open.