Chapter 1: The New Girl

Ah, Mistral Magazine. I, Zoey Proasheck will now be an intern at this gigantic building. Each floor served a different purpose and each floor was turned into rooms, which served similar but different purposes. Now I'm rambling to myself, that's healthy.

       I walked forward to the shining golden gates, which in actuality, is just the front door. A breeze of cool air sends shivers down my spine, and all I can think about is Am I making the right choice by being here? Should I have just stayed at Mushberry Times? Do I need to beg for my job back if I do?

       "Ahem." A voice cleared their throat behind me, giving me quite a wake-up call to my surrounding.

       "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm new here and I'm questioning myself, and I dunno what to do, and I'm nervous and I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ramble, please, I'm very sorry-mnfp." A strange item entered my mouth and I was speaking, I rolled it around my mouth and it was...a hard candy? Strawberry too!

       "Welcome Miss Proasheck, as the newbie, we expect a lot from you! Minty up front will help to direct you to which floor to go up to. Understood?" said the man. He had auburn hair with unnaturally bright golden eyes. his suit was not only expensive but the whole set including the watch. I was slowly easing up on my nervousness, but the way he could tower over me did not help. I gave a quick nod and he walked off with a slight look in his eye.

       "Good." I'm sure that was supposed to be friendly, but it had a dark undertone to the whole thing, but what can I say? Just get to work in time and get it over with.

       Once again, I walk towards the reception desk, being tended to by a woman with about four phones on her desk, simultaneously answering them and putting them on hold with about 80 papers, coming in and out of cabinets and drawers.

       Picking up another phone, she practically screamed into it.

       "Lom, send five owls, or five cats, I don't care, just get them to me fast and ready to deliver!" Her voice piped into the phone.

       The other end was silent to Zoey, but in no time flat, five, almost identical guys came into the lobby, all with brown hair, all with hats that gave them owl like heads.

       "You, get this to floor 5, you, get this to floor 7, you, get this to floor 4, you get this to floor 9 and you, get this to the CEO. GO, GO, you have 10 minutes, starting. Now!" And just like that, all five "owls" sprinted in different directions, some going up the elevator, some going up the set of stairs, some weaving around crowds of people.

       "How may I help you?" she said lightly.

       "Um...I'm the intern, transferred from Mushberry Times, where do I go?" I said hesitantly.

       The Minty girl had a gleam in her eye and a smile full of excitement. Without warning, she ran around the desk and dragged me along to the elevator.

       "Well, that depends. We have a whole list of interns and each floor needs them, so the higher ups let the newbies choose where they go. A little irresponsible to me, but I'm just following orders. So let's take you on a tour and we'll see where you stick!"

       A little shaken and a whole lot of nervous, I follow this strange woman around this goliath of a building. From the bottom up, I guess?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hope this was good to anyone.

BTW, Ridge did not drug her I swear.