Chapter 23: Do I Say Hon?

Start from the beginning

"We're just trying to protect you, Kat. Keep you safe" Elena said quietly.

"I appreciate that Elena, but I can take care of myself. I know what I'm doing, and I know who to trust. If you don't like my decisions, that's fine. There's nothing I can do about that, but if you think your only choice in 'saving me' is going behind my back, I'll--" Stefan cut me off.

"You're gonna what? Hmm? What are you gonna do, Kat?" his tone screamed patronizing.

"It's my life" I reminded him.

"Yeah, exactly. It's your life and we're gonna do everything we can to make sure that you live it" Stefan promised me. "I'm, not gonna let you give up."

"UGGH, YOU DON'T GET IT!" I screamed in frustration while pulling at my hair. "I'm not giving up, this isn't giving up! This is you all undermining me! Thinking I'm a scared little girl crying out for your help, I'm not! I don't need your help, I don't need your sympathy, I don't need your pity! I wish none of you knew about this so I can Just DIE IN PEACE!" I admitted.

"...You don't mean that" Elena denied.

"I mean it now more than ever, Elena" I shook my head at them and headed back to my room, frustration being my only emotion.

-TIME SKIP-

I'm packing. I'm p!$$ed and packing which means everything's all over the place, everything's frantic, everything's emotional and nothing's organized! I'm probably gonna leave half my stuff behind, important or not and there's a high chance I won't see it for a while considering I won't be returning here anytime soon.

I'm shaking. I never shake, I'm never nervous, or confused or...scared...But I am...I'm so scared, because I don't have a plan--a way out, a solution so I don't have to die...I overheard Stefan tell Elena that Elijah's dead, that 1000 year old original is dead. My only way out of this, my only plan is dead. That is when it hit me like a freight train, that is when the fear set in. Katherine spent 10 months helping me deal with everything, showing me better ways to cope, multiple plans and how you should always be prepared because the bad guys are always around the corner. I'm gonna die because of a d!**kweasel and I have no plan!

"What are you doing?" Elena's eyes followed my fast walk around my room as I threw stuff into my bag.

"Why is your hair curly?" my question was sharp as I quickly glanced at her before I pulled the zipper and trapped the bag's contents in the small space.

"He's here, and you need to stay inside for a little bit" Damon's voice appeared.

"You're not dead?" I turned sharply to him and whispered.

"Neither's Elijah, for now" Damon had a small smirk on his face.

"What do you mean, 'for now'?" I frowned. Whatever he wanted to say was stopped as I heard a loud clatter from the living room. "What the hell was that?" I moved to leave the room, holding my car key in a pathetic way to protect myself.

"Showtime Elena" was all Damon said as she left the room, my frown deepened before a hand wrapped around my mouth and my body was trapped. Damon kept a firm grip on me as I tried to wriggle out of his grasp, I eventually gave up and he turned to let us face the hallway, Elena stood facing where I remember the front door being placed, a slightly evil look on her face.

"Guys relax, he can't come in" she glanced at us with the worst smirk ever and I felt steam leave my ears. Is she trying to be me?! I DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!