Chapter 21

I need to dedicate this chapter to anyone who supports gay people or who needs hope for the future if they don't believe in anything right now, since I was like that at one point too, but then realized that I have just too much more to live for now. I also need to dedicate this chapter to a special person, Kayla. She has allowed me to feel so free and comfortable with myself, something that I wouldn't ever say about myself otherwise. Kayla has saved me from my darkest times as well; she is my best friend and she encouraged me to write to my heart's content.

Thank you Kayla. Love you girl! :)

This was the hardest chapter to write, yet it was the easiest. I simply loved writing Kent's arguements and found that I agreed with all of them. This chapter has, hopefully, very deep ideas about the truths of homosexuality and love in general, and I hope that you might agree with some of these points.

Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21: Cole's POV, Thursday, lunchtime, at school

I stormed over to Caitlin and the guy that dumped milk onto Kent.

Kent sat there in his seat and kept his face emotionless as milk ran down into his eyes and down his shirt. Kent never moved or said anything when Caitlin's friend did this; he sat there as the entire cafeteria turned to look at him and see if he'd react to their antics.

“Aw, I knew you'd do this with me, Roger,” Caitlin laughed as she let Roger, a tall fellow, pull her into a warm hug.

“Sure thing, babe, anything for you,” Roger smiled his blue eyes and brushed his long black hair to the side and kissed Caitlin on her lips.

I was only a foot or two away from the table when I called out, “Hey, Roger! Why the hell did you do that? What's wrong with you?” I was now taking a napkin and dabbing across Kent's face, sopping up the milk on his face as he sat motionless in his seat as if he was a stone statue.

“Oh, is the big faggot defending his little boyfriend faggot?” Caitlin taunted. “Oh look, Roger, the big fairy is cleaning the little fairy's wings.”

“Shut the fuck up, Caitlin!” I yelled to the point where all other conversation in the cafeteria came to a halt and all eyes were trained on Caitlin, Roger, Kent, and myself. “I don't even get why you're making fun of gays since everyone knows that you've had your own fun with girls before at all of your parties, and then posted them online for everyone's viewing pleasure online, you worthless slut!”

Kent actually looked up for once and frowned a bit at me and said softly, “Don't sink to their level, Cole. You're a lot better than these two worthless slobs. Let's just leave now and you can help me clean up this milk.”

“No, hold on just a bit, I need to do something first; something that I should have done a while ago,” I got up and stood on the table and looked at the piece of folded paper that I had written in chemistry class one more time before stuffing it into my pocket. “Hey, so, I think that I need to make something clear about what's going on over here since all of you people seem so interested in us talking. And also, I feel the need to tell you guys something.”

Kent wiped a drop of milk that was falling down his face as he pursed his lips.

“So, according to Caitlin's text last night, she told everyone in this school, and probably every school in the county, that I'm dating Kent Whitman, the guy right here that's covered in milk. Well those rumors are true. He's also the smartest guy in this entire school; he's also the most caring, sweet, amazing, and the best all-around guy that anyone could ever know, and I'm proud to call him my boyfriend.” I heard an inhale of air as a gasp from a majority of the students in the cafeteria.