[Prologue]

Fiona Finnigan was born 1980 and is a half-blood wizard, daughter of Mr Finnigan, a Muggle and Mrs Finnigan, a witch, something that gave Mr Finnigan a "nasty shock" when he first learned it.
Fiona arrived at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September, 1991. Other students in her year included Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Draco Malfoy.
When Professor McGonagall asked the first years to form a line, to head into the Great Hall, Fiona ended up in front of Harry Potter.
When Fiona's name was called during the Sorting ceremony, she waited for almost a minute before the Sorting Hat placed her into Gryffindor.
After joining the Gryffindor table, Fiona was introduced to the Gryffindor house ghost Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, who students often called "Nearly Headless Nick." She asked how one could be "nearly" headless, to which Nick demonstrated by pulling his head off of his neck, which disgusted most of the table.
She also is the best friend of Dean Thomas and her twin brother Seamus Finnigan.
During her first Potions lesson the next day, Fiona was partnered with her brother Seamus to brew a Boil-Cure Potion. Seamus managed to melt Fiona's cauldron and was drenched in their potion.
Professor Snape told Seamus to take Fiona to the hospital wing, which he did.

On September first 1992 , Fiona boarded the Hogwarts Express to begin her second year at school. When Harry Potter and Ron Weasley arrived at school via Arthur Weasley's flying car, Fiona was one of the students who expressed admiration at the result.
In Gilderoy Lockhart's first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, in which he showed the class a cage of Cornish pixies, Fiona's brother asked if they were dangerous or not. Instead of giving the class a straight answer, Lockhart showed them by letting them loose; most of the class, including Fiona, dove for cover. She was among the students who bolted for the door when the bell rang and escaped the task of putting the pixies back in their cage, leaving the trio to take care of it. Fiona and Seamus later attended the first (and only) meeting of Lockhart's Duelling Club. She was partnered with Ron, and at one point, Ron's damaged wand malfunctioned and knocked her to the ground. Ron helped Fiona to her feet, apologising profusely. When Harry and Draco Malfoy were chosen to demonstrate blocking spells, Fiona, Seamus and the rest of the class learned that Harry could speak with snakes.

A few days before the start of the third term, Fiona arrived in Diagon Alley to purchase her school books. With Seamus and Dean Thomas, she saw Harry Potter in Quality Quidditch Supplies, where they were ogling the newly released Firebolt broomstick.
In her first Divination lesson with Sybill Trelawney, the class debated whether or not she had seen a Grim in Harry's teacup. Tilting her head from side to side, Fiona expressed his opinion that, tilted right, the tea leaves did resemble a Grim, but tilted left, it looked more like a donkey. In her first Potions lesson, Fiona's brother Seamus had told Harry and Ron that Sirius Black, an escaped Azkaban convict, had been spotted near the school. Looking excited, he informed them that a Muggle woman had spotted Black and called the special hot line set up by the Ministry of Magic.
After lunch, Fiona had her first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson with Remus Lupin. When Fiona's turn came to face a Boggart (the same as her brother's), the creature turned into a banshee with floor-length black hair and a skeletal green face. When the banshee began to shriek, Fiona used the Riddikulus charm to take her voice away; for her participation, Fiona earned five House points. On Hallowe'en, Fiona paid her first visit to Hogsmeade with the rest of the third years. When the Gryffindors learned that Sirius Black had attacked the Fat Lady, they were all sent back to the Great Hall, where they were joined by the other Houses. With the rest of Gryffindor, Fiona and Seamus was aggravated by the choice of Sir Cadogan to guard the House's portrait hole, calling him a "lunatic". When the two complained to Head Boy Percy Weasley, Percy replied that Sir Cadogan was the only one who willingly volunteered. Along with most of the school, Fiona went home for the Christmas holidays. When she returned she and all the other students was impressed that Harry had received a Firebolt for Christmas. When Harry went down to breakfast the morning of his first Quidditch match with the broom, Fiona and Seamus served as "guards of honour" to protect the broom.
When Professor Lupin resigned at the end of the year, after being exposed as a werewolf, Fiona was among the students who were sorry to see him go, along with the other Gryffindor students.

Fourth Year here We come!