3.

Kara.. I whisperd
Dr Sheppard looked a little confused and worried. She sat up. "Kara do you know where you are Sheppard asked her " she shook her head no. "Youre a grey-sloan memorial hospital. You were flown here after a freak helicopter accident a week ago. Your friends were all treated as well. Marilyn is okay just a couple bad breaks and sprains. Matt lost his leg... Hes working on gaining some mobility, Sean is currently in a medically induced coma." She nodded and started crying. Just tears I went and hugged her. I didn't know if she could speak or even could fully grasp what was going on. So I just held her and let her cry it out. "Dr.Sheppard's a really good Dr and were in good hands." She nodded still crying into my chest. "His wife is really nice and pretty too he also has two sweet kids."
She smiled
"I hate to ruin this moment but I need to check your vitals Kara. A blood drawing, follow the light with your eyes. I'd love to hear you speak and make sure there are no signs of motor malfunctions." She nodded "can you say your name" she sat up "karalyn may sanders" she croaked out. "And your boyfriends name" she looked like she wanted to cry "Matthew Charles folds" he nodded "okay and what happend to you" she looked upset but I knew he was questioning her memory "helicopter crash" he nodded "okay now vitals" he did a full vital check up on her. "Mair can I see you outside please" I nodded. I followed him to the hall way and he paves a few steps "I think this Is what you call a surge" tears wanted to fall "I don't know if you know what that is" I nodded "I do. My brother surged." I wanted to cry
*flashback*
It was mid April my parents had dropped me off at cheer practice.
It was only 5 o clock in the evening so I have no idea why some drunken idiot had ran a yeild sign and crashed right into my parents and little brother. The impact killed my father right away. It broke my brothers ribs. He was only 5. The air bag had shifted the seat belt and threw my mothers seat back breaking her neck not enough to kill her..she died in surgery. My brother was comotosed for three days and woke up was laughing and happy and then had a seizure that killed him.
" so your aware. That's what I think is happening.  Its hard to tell." I nodded if that was the case I would spend the time left I had with her. For the next few days I spent time sitting with Sean having derrick tell me if we can start widening him off the comatose meds or with Kara and going on little walks around the hospital. On one of our walks we had ran into a doctor  Alex. He was kind of an asswhole but I felt like deep down he was so sweet. He had been coming to check on me. Bring me food cuz I hadn't eaten right lately. He would even sit with Sean when I needed to shower. He's  sweet One night it was getting late. I hadn't seen Kara that day cuz she was with mat and then did some rehab stuff.
Well a couple days passed and Kara started to get tired And sick. Derrick started to tell me that he feels lithis could be the end of the surge.