005

Wolf watched her body lift with each breath. She slept beside him, being too tired to continue on. Wolf cursed at her, pushing her off the bed he laid on. Her black hair danced through the air, the straight strands sprawled across the hard floor. "Get out."

Folding his arms behind his head, he closed his eyes and listened to the mutt leave the room. He thought of Alix when he was busy with the other woman. Wolf wanted to hear Alix scream and cry, he wanted to hear her beg for mercy. He bit his lip. Thinking of Alix made him excited and harming her was something he wanted more than anything. Suddenly, there was a quiet knock on the door. Wolf stood in his naked glory and shamelessly opened his bedroom door wide to reveal a handmaiden. The girl's face was blank, due to years of being worn down by the upper class. She spoke, her voice holding little emotion. "King, the other Alpha's are here."

Wolf nodded curtly, informing her that they will all gather in the meeting hall. More handmaidens ran in, assembling clothes for the King for him to wear. They decided on a black suit. The usual. He dismissed them with a sharp gesture once he reached the main hall. When in the hall, he caught the scent of someone familiar. A low growl escaped past his throat as he turned towards the being. Her blonde hair draped over her lanky, yet elegant form. Wolf looked her up and down, from the white, strappy nightgown she donned to the bits of flower petals that still lingered in her thick hair. Alix stood strict, not daring to move an inch underneath the Alpha's gaze. He smirked at this while looking at her healing mark next. Oh, how he wished to leave marks all over her body. Wolf proudly eyed his teeth marks that bore into her collarbone with the thought of her begging in his mind.

A handmaiden stood next to Alix and when Wolf finally gave her a bit of attention, they all knew this meant 'continue'. Alix sighed, staying close to the little girl. She had introduced herself as Hester, but only after Alix pressed her for five minutes. She had shoulder-length, vibrant red hair that waved loosely and without a care. Her hair covered the freckles on her pale shoulders, which Hester preferred. She wore a white dress too, only hers was tied at the waist with a different colored string. Whereas most young women had brown or gold strings holding the dress tightly to their waists, Hester was the youngest Omega to have a red string. Red, for this pack, was important. It symbolized blood and killing. Alix didn't ask what the string was for, but she assumed it meant Hester was not one to be messed with.

The two were off to the baths, where Hester said she would bathe Alix, which was needed.

Alix rested her back against the ceramic, her eyes glaring at the ceiling. Hester had told her to relax, but there was no way she could with this mark on her neck, affecting her thoughts to be all about Wolf. Her tongue wanted to spit, curse and bite at him, but everything else within her body told her to run to him. She refused to feel for him.

Alix sunk beneath the water, her nose burning as it filled with water. She shot up out of the water, her nose audibly blowing out. "Dum*," Alix whispered while knowing Hester was wearing a concerned look. Alix's long fingers wiped away water but she still felt a few droplets rush down her face. It might have been half an hour that Alix sat within the tub and her skin pruned and wrinkled far before this moment, but only now had Alix felt the need to be rid of it. She pushed herself up and allowed the handmaiden to dress her in a towel. Alix decided she wasn't too fond of tubs, or the feel of the floor, which happened to be marble. Looking back at it, she figured she was more of an outdoors person.

Maybe it's because you grew up there, a voice said to her. Alix felt as though the thought itself wasn't mean to be bitter but remembering the reason why was so sour she actually made a face.

Hester stared at the strange woman, her eyes narrowing slightly. There was something off with Alix, but Hester couldn't put a finger on it. All she knew, was that Alix had potential. Hester suddenly perked up, ordering Alix to stay put. Curiosity sparked at Alix, but with a strange heat beginning to grow inside her gut, she decided to stay just in case. The woman sat on the side of the tub, her left hand gripping onto the edge. Tightening her hold on the towel around her body, she became aware of what felt like everything. Her hair draping over her back, the rough feeling of the outer side of the tub. She swallowed, listening to the sounds of footsteps in the hall. Her widened eyes looked at the door. Alix stood the moment someone ran in, the door being locked behind them. She inhaled quickly, her racing mind instantly knowing who it was. Alpha Eli.