000

A handmaiden shrieked as thunder from outside the tent struck the nearby ground. Screaming was heard from inside the tent and the pained curses and shrieks belonged to the Luna of Crescent Moon. Other Luna's' scurried around inside, helping the woman. Crescent Moon's Luna was giving birth to the Alpha's heir.

Now, all Luna's gave birth to males. Whether it was their first child or 30th. No one knew how this worked out, not even the shamans, but everyone accepted it. It was the Moon Goddess's way. So when the Luna's calls ceased and the cry of a small baby was heard, everyone in the room was silent.

One Luna who currently held the screeching baby gasped. "It's a she,"

•••

Standing in the line, Alix, frowned. She hated when this happened. This damn Mating Ceremony. Women were pawned off to the first male who called her pretty.

"The ugly pups are doomed," She heard an elder state. "I almost feel bad for them."

Chuckles erupted around the Elders. Alix hated the elders with a deep passion. Especially the ones from her pack. The were all so snooty, walked around as if they weren't about to keel over any second, cough out dust and die. Alix, giggled at the thought, her melodious laugh ringing through the rug-barren hall. Everyone except the other pawns looked at her.

Uh oh.

•••
Alix Crescent was always different. When news spread about the Crescent Moon Luna giving birth to a female, many alphas awaited the day to meet the curious daughter. Disgusted by mating ceremonies, she hated participating but had no choice. With a father who was extra strict, she had no choice but to obey him. Especially since he always used his Alpha's Tone with her. Even in simple conversations.

Forced to the Mating Ceremony, Alix, is pawned off to a man named Wolf. Not even her animal knew what chaos could come from him.