Chapter fourteen Blossoming bonds and the gold and silver princesss return

Draco's P.O.V

The walk to the Headmasters office was spent in silence it was just so much to take in, first I stopped believing in blood purity and now I'm helping the boy who lived to be slightly less of a pain in my arse. It had been a crazy year so far and I was glad it was almost over anymore of this bravery nonsense and the sorting hat might try and toss me into that deadly den of lions that is Gryffindor. Blaise was walking along quietly as well observing Potter from behind and then he finally said, "This has been a crazy year huh, but you know something I have no regrets." I didn't even acknowledge the statement the only thing I pulled from the sentence was the word regrets. That was a word that held a lot of meaning for me because, that was the word that would haunt me the rest of my life.

I have so many regrets and many of them are tied to things I can't fix like the fact, that so many people have been damaged by cruel words that were said for no other reason than to make me feel better about myself. I was also questioning the bond with my father and realized that my causing pain to others was just an outlet to release the pent up raged I felt for him. There was no way to excuse what I had done but I could make it better by apologizing to all of the people who have fallen victim to my terrible behavior. I also swear to never use the word mud-blood again. That would destroy my bond with Astoria and I don't want that to happen, she is far too important to lose. She has a death grip on my heart and I can't quite explain the feeling it makes me feel warm and tingly and nervous at the same time.

There was no further time for inner contemplation for we had arrived at the statue that would lead up to the Headmasters office, Potter quietly said , "Cream canaries and the statue opened and reveled the staircase that would to the upper floor where Dumbledore was waiting for us. The headmasters office was beautiful many ancient treasures were set around the golden gleaming room and the professor looked grander than all of the treasures in the room. The Professor turned his eyes to us and said in a gentle tone,"Gentlemen you were very reckless but very brave to do this for your loved ones. You threw he who must not be named off by working together and I must say you were brilliant. You even managed to slay a fully grown baskalisk and most adult wizards have trouble with that. I see you made excellent use of Faux and the Sword of Godric Gryffindor. I hope you will continue to be as brave and caring as you were today and Ms. Granger and Ms. Greengrass should be back in tip top shape later. You are excused. Oh and Mr.Malfoy you have impressed me I hope you will continue on this path of respecting others and making amends, have a pleasant day gentlemen." We all gave a quick bow and walked out of the office it sent shivers down my spine the moment we left the staircase, Dumbledore was going to be watching and judging my every move and I did not want him to be disappointed, I don't want to disappoint Astoria either.

Both of our groups stared at each other for a moment at a loss of what to do but I swallowed my pride and extended my hand and said, "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy a pleasure to meet you." Blaise soon followed suite and said, "Blaise Zabini I'm not weird like Draco over there" I had to resist the urge to turn him into a tortoise and it was a very difficult task. Potter eyed us carefully before extending his hand and saying, "Harry Potter your not going to try and tell me who I should and shouldn't be friends with this time right and Blaise you have always seemed like a kind person for a Slytherin, it's an honor to meet you." I then offered my hand to Weasel and he reacted by saying, "There is no way in Merlin's trousers that I'm going to touch that slimy git you understand right Harry?" Potter simply shook his head and sighed before turning back to us and saying, "So this makes us friends right?" Deep rich laughter escaped me as I said, "No not friends I respect you Potter but we are not friends I'm still going to tease you in the halls and mess with the weasel." Harry gave me a sharp look and said, "What about Hermione?" I stopped laughing and said, "The things I have said to Granger are inexcusable and I will never bully or tease her again I give you my word." He looked satisfied and walked off with the Weasel following him. Blaise spoke up and said, "That was awkward so how about we check on double dumb and then head down to dinner" I nodded and we were off to the Slytherin common room as the word regret continued to bounce around in my head.

The double dumb didn't remember anything and wanted to get to the dining hall as soon as possible so we headed down to dinner the hall was packed as usual and we gave a brief nod to Potter as we walked by and went to take our seats. Dumbledore walked up to the podium and began to speak in a wise tone and said, "This has been a trying and deadly year Ms.Norris and Ms.Granger were petrified by the baskalisk and then Ms.Greengrass had an important family issue to take care of." He was lying to protect her I would have to thank the headmaster for that later.He began to speak again and said, "The lovely ladies are back tonight though please give them a well deserved round of applause" With that the doors to the great hall flew open and there was Granger and Astoria in what looked to be an intense conversation about ancient ruins. When they realized the doors were open they shared one last look and laugh and then dashed off to their respective tables. Astoria was charging straight for me and all I could do was open my arms and brace for impact. She plowed into me and wrapped her arms around me and said, "I missed you so much family emergencies wait for no one sorry I couldn't inform you before I left."

There was a decision facing me I could tell her I knew the truth or let her go on believing she had me fooled. I looked over at Blaise and saw that the same thoughts were running through his mind as well. I made the decision to not tell her, she would when she was ready. She felt so warm in my arms and they way her eyes closed in contentment and relief was gorgeous it was like I was the most important thing in the world to her. She kissed my cheek and then ran off and hugged Blaise and kissed his cheek as well. There was something different about the way she did it though, she didn't hug him as long and her lips didn't linger on his cheek. Dumbledore called us to attention once more and said, "Also welcome Hagrid back" We all clapped and then continued to eat dinner this has been a crazy year so far but something tells me this won't be the last we hear from he who must not be named.