Chapter thirteen Lockhart lockdown and Baskalisk brawling

Draco's P.O.V

We made it back to the girls bathroom without anyone being the wiser to what we had done.Potter and Weasel were sitting on the floor awaiting our return, My tone was sharp as I said, "All of you stay quiet I need to focus because if there is even one slip up we will all be splattered against the bloody wall."

I set the cauldron down and began to work, it was a complicated potion but I could handle tougher. I wish Astoria was here to double cheek the mix ratio she's good with numbers." It took about half an hour to brew and just as I was about to add the finishing touch Professor Lockhart barged in and said, "Never fear students I'm here to help"

Oh, god we are all going to die. He walked over and picked up my cauldron and said, "This is a very complicated mixture young man I'm surprised you were able to brew it. Now lets get to work on finding this beastly villain and rescuing Ms. Weasly." He walked over to the basin and began to pour it in, my tone was desperate as I said, "Professor it's not finished, don't pour it!" He said, "Young man I know what I'm doing"

He started to pour and there was a moment of silence, he turned and said, "It looks like your potion wasn't up to snuff" Then the rumbling started and the sinks were obliterated in a brilliant explosion, well that one way to solve the problem. Lockhart pulled himself off the floor and said, "That was a bloody explosion" I rolled my eyes and felt the overwhelming need to hit my head against the wall. Well at least the fountain was taken care of and we can access the the chute that leads to the Chamber.

Potter looked down the hole and said, "Who is going to go first?" My hand landed on Lockhart's back and gave him a push and he went flailing into the unknown. Potter Weasel and Blaise looked at me funny, "I simply volunteered him" Soon Lockhart's annoying voice rang out and said, "That wasn't very nice Mr. Malfoy" Well he is still alive that's great just great. We all slid down the hole after him ready to face this thing down once and for all.

We landed with a loud thud on the ground fortunately I was on top of the pile. The chamber was dark and there were bones scattered about, our feet crunched with every step and it chilled me to the depth of my soul. Lockhart took a look around and said, "Well this is a depressing sight, I will stay and guard our escape route." We turned our backs and Lockhart grabbed Weasels wand and said, "This has been a fun adventure gentlemen, unfortunately you won't remember it,obliviate!"

The back blast hit him in the chest and now he doesn't remember anything at all wonderful but at least that's one less thing we have to worry about. My tone was sharpe as I said, "Potter what's the plan?" He thought for a moment and said, "Zabini you and Ron stay here with Lockhart. Malfoy if your not to scared come with me" My tone was dark as I said, "Potter the emotion that has been driving me to do all this is rage I don't have the capacity to feel fear right now" He said, "Alright then lets go"

We walked a little ways in and a gargantuan snake covered steel door halted our progress, could anything else get in our way. My tone was calm as I said, "So what's the plan do we blow it down?" He shook his head and said, "No I'm going to talk to it using parseltounge" He stepped up and began to speak and the gigantic round door opened slowly and revealed a stone walkway lined with stone snake heads and there was water surrounding the chamber the main focal point though was a stone bust of Salazar Slytherin the bust easily stretched to the ceiling and the mouth looked like it was openable.

The Weslet was laid out on the stone floor clutching the diary my father slipped into her cauldron,Potter dashed forward but something felt off there was no sign of the monster anywhere. The moment I looked up Potter seemed to be in deep conversation with a solid apparition he handed him his wand and then the brown haired boy wrote his name in the air Tom Molvo Riddle. My god that's He who must not be name my steps carried me forward and I grabbed Potter by the back of the robe and said, "You bloody idiot that's He who must not be named." A look of realization came across Potters face as he finally began to process what was going on.

The apparition began to speak and said, "Gryffindor and Slytherin working together never thought I would see the day. You are Lucius boy correct?" I nodded my head and said, "Yeah what of it?" He chuckled and said, "Your father served me well as a death eater but we are digressing. You boys came here for revenge not conversation so lets see how two children stack up against the monster of Slytherin!"

He waved Harry's wand and the mouth of the statue opened, I covered Potters eyes since he seemed too stunned to look away. I could look since I was a pure blood, it was terrible the thing was covered in black scales and had spines growing out of its head and must have been fifty feet long its eyes cut through the gloom and glowed an eerie yellow. How were we supposed to beat something like this, I was good but this was way out of our league. Then suddenly Professor Dumbledores phoenix came sailing in carrying the sorting hat, it dropped the hat and began to gouge out the eyes of the beast. Now that it was blinded we might have an advantage but not much of one. We dashed around the chamber and finally a hilt appeared in the hat. Potter pulled it out immediately and my eyes fell on a beautiful silver and red sword.

We didn't have much time to think though because the baskalisk knocked the sword onto the bust of Salazar. Then I said something I never thought I would, "Potter get the sword I will keep it busy." Potter looked at me dumbfounded and I practically screamed, "You bloody idiot, don't question me just do it!" He dashed off and the serpent followed close behind. My tone was firm as I said,"Stupefy" It didn't actually do anything but it turned the snakes attention to me, bloody hell what do I do now?"

Fortunately Potter had reached the sword and Tom said, "Get Potter" It slithered over and prepared to bite but Potter put an end to that by driving the sword through the roof of its mouth, bloody excellent but something was wrong. I dashed over after Potter climbed down and said, "Bloody hell Potter what have you done to yourself" He had a fang stuck in his arm and rumor has it baskalisk venom is the most deadly substance on earth. My tone was serious as I said, "Potter I'm sorry I can't fix this" He waved me off and went to kneel next to the Weaslet who was still having her energy drained. Tom laughed and said, "After she is drained I will be able to be reborn and you Potter are going to die before that happens. That diary seals her fate oh and don't try and destroy it with a spell it won't work."

Potter than got a cheeky look and grabbed the baskalisk fang and jammed it into the diary. The apparition doubled over in pain as light began to shine through his body,Potter stabbed it viciously three more times and Tom exploded in a blast of light. Weaslet sat up straight and began to breath once again and said, "Harry your arm and Malfoy what are you doing here?" My tone was sarcastic as I said, "Thank you for all the love Weaslet, it's not like I just helped save your life or anything" She just ignored me completely and turned back to Potter who said in a gentle tone, "Ginny Draco will take you to the exit where Ron,Zabini, and Professor Lockhart are waiting I'm done for"

The moment he said that faux the phoenix landed beside him and started to cry on his arm, I had read somewhere that the tears of a phoenix could heal wounds and cure poisons. I was glad that sod Potter wasn't going to die not that I would ever admit that out loud. My tone was warm as I said, "Oh, so your not going to die. Well it looks like my Potters pushing daisies party will have to wait" He just looked at me and said, "We both know you don't mean it Malfoy, thank you for all your help I couldn't have done it without you"

My tone was smug as I said, "Of course you couldn't because I'm the best" He just shook his head as we exited the chamber and meet up with Weasel and Blaise and Mr I can't remember to tie my shoe laces" Faux carried us out and then we took a stroll to the headmasters office. A new chapter was about to begin.