"Do you think we'll ever go back to Forks?" I took another sip of my iced tea. Alice shrugged.

"Looks that way to me, but not for a while. Maybe not for another 90 years, when everyone's pretty much gone and doesn't remember us." The bell rang and signaled the end of lunch, I grabbed my bag and got my timetable out. I had history, on my own, great. I headed down the crowded hallways, getting stared at once again by everyone. Nobody understands how aggravating it is to literally have everyone starting at you, well maybe Cady Heron out of mean girls does but that's fictional and doesn't apply to this situation. When I finally got to the room, most of the seats were taken, I grabbed one by the window and unloaded all my books and notepads onto my desks.

"Hi there" a chirpy voice came from next to me, I looked up to see a girl with red hair and glasses looking at me. She was quite pale, obviously not as pale as me but she was getting there "you're the new girl right? A cousin of the Cullens?"

"Yeah" I faked a smile "I'm Mia, Mia Hethworth."

"I'm Charlotte, but most people call me Charlie" she smiled sweetly at me "I noticed you've been getting a lot of stares, just ignore them. People around here aren't really used to newcomers and when someone new comes along, it's like they're a shiny new toy."

"Tell me about it" I smiled again, but for real this time. This girl seemed nice, quiet, but nice "I'm just staying with my aunt for a while, whilst my parents go travelling, they're uh, missionaries" really Cullen, that's the lie you're going with?

"Oh, where did you live before that?"

"Florida" that technically wasn't a lie, well a little bit but I was in Florida.

"I bet you're not used to this weather, don't worry we have the occasional sunny day." She laughed and I faked a small laugh. "If you need any help with the notes or anything just let me know I'll be happy to help."

"Thanks, I appreciate the offer." As I responded to Charlie, the teacher came in and began teaching straight away which led me to sigh in relief, I really didn't need a teacher who made me stand in front of the whole class introducing myself.

*                                        *                                     *

I had settled into life in North Dakota, like Charlie and Alice said, soon people got bored of me when they realized I was just another Cullen who likes to keep to herself. I became close with Charlie though, she constantly invited me round. She just lived with her mum and younger brother, I sensed she never had many friends before because her mother beamed when I walked through the door.

"So you're the famous Mia!" She exasperated grinning "I've heard so much about you" she shook my hand and grinned "you've made a real impression on my Charlotte, she hasn't stopped talking about you!"

"Mom!" Charlie hissed and I grinned.

"No it's okay! Charlie was the only person who really spoke to me when I first started, so really she made the impression on me. She was so welcoming" her mother's face lit up when I told her.

"That's my Charlie. You're Doctor Cullen's niece correct? The new doctor at the Hospital?" I nodded "He's a lovely man, I've only met him once but he was a very kind person." I smiled at that. It's good to hear good things about my family once in a while, especially when everyone just talks about how weird we all are. "Are you staying for dinner Mia?"

"I would love to Mrs Grant."

"Please call me Susan", I smiled and Charlie and I headed upstairs to her room.

"Sorry about that" she sighed shutting the door "I didn't really have many close friends so my mom's being a little overbearing."

"Don't worry about it, have you seen my cousins they literally don't even let me out of their sight."