MY IDOL BOYFRIEND - Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

            “You can’t be selfish”. I widen my eyes and gasp at what she just called me. The fans cheer loudly after Obsidians finishes the song echoing loudly in my ears.

            “Thank you so much for coming to our concert. I hope you all have a great time. It’s almost the end of the show”. The fans boo and loud NO is heard. I stand up and utter a quick ‘I’ll be back’ to Eunmi.

            Splash cold water on my face before looking at the mirror, there stood me with red eyes as tears start forming under it. I splash more water on my face to stop myself from crying. I can’t be selfish, I tell myself and start laughing at my own reflection.

            “Look at what mess you has done. You know this is wrong from the first place and should have listen to Eunmi warning. You’re such a troublesome do you know that Sin-Je. As always brings trouble to people around you. You have to leave him! Do you want to ruin his career?” I scold myself.

I clench my hand hard feeling my head turning around in confusion. I hate Eunmi for the hurtful things she said but hate myself more. Eunmi dislike me from the moment she sees me. It may be personal since Eunmi admits that she actually likes Hyun Seong, but what she said to me keeps lingering in my head as what she said is the truth. I don't want to ruin Hyun Seong. Definitely don't want to ruin Obsidian. I should have known this from the start yet I'm stubborn. I can't be selfish, I have to let go, like what Eunmi said. I look at my own reflection once again, taking a deep breath. What will you do Sin-Je? I ask myself.

            My phone rings loudly and scolds myself again when I struggle to get it out from my handbag. My heart stops to see the call from Hyun Seong. I take a large breath and speak as normal as possible.

            “Hello?”

            “Where are you?”

            “Erm, toilet”

            “Okay. Come back quickly. The show is over. It's really a big hit! I want a congratulatory hug,” Hyun Seong voice full of satisfactory and happiness.

            Hearing how happy he is makes me feel guilty and I don't want to steal that away from him. I close my eyes as I think of what should I do next while waiting for my eyes to be less red. I’ll leave Hyun Seong, yes I have to leave him. I want to spend just a little more time with Hyun Seong and I promise myself to leave him tonight. I know I would miss Hyun Seong, but I am sure I could get over it after some time, I'm sure he would too. But, I would never regret my decision if it is the best for Hyun Seong.

……………………………………………………………………………………..

            I stay quiet at the late supper at one of a Korean restaurant. I smile occasionally to Hyun Seong when he talks to me as I try hard to control myself not to burst into tears seeing his face. I have to keep reminding myself that I have to go, and enjoy the last night because my heart is getting heavier and reluctant to leave my boyfriend. 

            “Let’s go out for a walk outside. I’m too full,” Ki Seob suggests and they all agree right away to get some fresh air and late night walk.

            “It’s beautiful, isn’t it Hyun Seong oppa,” I say pointing at the beach that are beautifully decorated with lights. He caresses my cheek and tugs my hair behind my ear as he say, “Yes. Very beautiful” I smile knowing he’s referring to me and the feeling of pain forming even larger. I play with his scarf then pull it so he leans toward me as I tip toe until my lips touch him. I feel him stiffen from my sudden embrace, but soon kiss me back wrapping an arm around my waist and the other slowly caress my cheek as if I might break anytime. A bright flash surprises us to see Ki Seob smiling satisfaction with his phone on his hand obviously taken our picture when we’re kissing. The others who were standing next to Ki Seob are smiling gleefully. My cheek feels instantly hot. They turn and walk away while some chat among themselves pretending as if they never seen our act.