Chapter 4: Goodnight

Ciel dressed himself for bed, but at least he let Sebastian tuck him in. The demon sat on the edge of the bed and looked down fondly at his master.
"Do you need anything before you go to sleep, young master?" he whispered.
The earl looked up into the face of his butler, reminded of his father. It brought wetness to his eyes, and he shut them tightly.
"Ciel..?"
At his name the boy opened his eyes. Sebastian looked at him do kindly.
"Can I have a hug?" he asks the demon. 
"Yes you can."
Sebastian wraps his arms around the child, his child. His master.
This felt right. It somewhat frightened him, but he didn't care. He realized in this moment how much he truly cared about his master. How much he loved him.
"Ciel....I want you to have sweet dreams," he says into the boy's hair.
Ciel lets go and looks at Sebastian for a moment, before pressing his lips to the pale cheek of his butler.

Sebastian was shocked at first, but then he melted inside at that display of affection. Humans were strange creatures.

The young earl blushes and lays back down. Sebastian tucks him in once again and stands up.
Ciel mumbles, "goodnight....daddy."
The demon smiles and says softly, "sweet dreams, Ciel."
He takes the candle and blows it out, walking out of the bedroom.

Outside the door, he slides down the wall and places his head against his drawn up knees.
This wasn't good. He has begun to love his meal. This is problematic. Will he be able to eat Ciel's soul when it is time?

I know this chapter is short. It is a filler of sorts. I hope that you liked it and that you continue to keep up with the story :) thank you
-Sebas-chan