2

Nixie woke up and got dressed in her school robes. She walked downstairs and sat down in a chair, waiting for Cedric and Paige. Nixie was drifting off to sleep, when she saw Paige and Cedric walk downstairs.

      "Let's go eat." Nixie said and got up. They sat down at the table and began eating.

      Owls came and dropped off everyone's timetables for the day.

     "Man, I have double potions after breakfast today!" Nixie groaned and laid her head down on the table.

      "At least you have a period after and then lunch." Cedric smiled, but Nixie just groaned.

      Nixie walked by herself down to the dungeons for Potions class. She walked into the classroom and sat down in the very back. She took out her sketch book and started drawing a meadow.

      "That's really good you know." Nixie jumped out of her seat and looked over at the person.

      "I didn't mean to startle you." The boy said and helped Nixie up.

      "It's fine. Who are you anyways?" Nixie asked as she sat back down.

      "I'm Lee Jordan." Lee held out his hand.

      "I'm Nixie Thomas. It's very nice to meet you." Nixie shook his hand and smiled.

      Professor Snape walked in and class began. Today they had to make an antidote to common poisons. Nixie's potion was turning out perfectly.

     "Merlin, how did you get yours correct?" Lee asked, looking at her cauldron and back to his.

     "I don't know." Nixie replied and stirred her potion one last time. Nixie carefully walked up to Professor Snape's desk and showed him her potion.

      "Very good." Professor Snape said and wrote down her grade.

     Nixie walked back to her seat and looked over at Lee's potion that started to bubble rappidly.

     "It's gonna blow!" Lee shouted and pulled Nixie away as his cauldron exploded, sending it everywhere.

     "Mr. Jordan! Detention tonight and you'll clean every single cauldron in this room without magic!" Professor Snape boomed and stomped off to his desk.

     Class ended and Nixie left, waving goodbye to Lee. Nixie walked outside to a small meadow and sat down under a tree. She took out her sketch book and began drawing. Nixie finally finished and laid back in the flowers.

     She felt something on her hand and she looked over to see a flower in her hand. "What?" She mumbled to herself. Nixie looked around and saw that no one was there. No one could've put the flower in my hand, she thought to herself.

     Nixie gathered her things and put them in her bag. She quickly walked to Professor Dumbledore's office. Darn it, I don't know the password! She thought. Professor Dumbledore then walked over to Nixie.

     "Professor Dumbledore! I need to talk to you." Nixie said.

     "Okay, follow me. Sherbet Lemon." Professor Dumbledore said to the gargoyle and the wall opened, and stairs appeared.

      Nixie followed Dumbledore into his office and took a seat  in a chair.

      "What did you need to talk about Miss Thomas?" Dumbledore asked, sitting down at his desk.

      "I was lying in the meadow and a flower randomly appeared in my hand and when I looked to see if someone put it there, no one was there." Nixie told him.

      "Well Nixie, your mother's mum, your grandmother, had the same power." Dumbledore told Nixie.

      Nixie looked at him confused. "What do you mean power?" Nixie questioned him.

      "The power to control nature. Your grandmother was a very skilled witch and her power was very powerful. I see that you have got the same power that your grandmother had." Dumbledore smiled at her.

      "How do I use them?" Nixie asked, eager to hear more.

      "I will teach you a lesson every night during weeks at 8:00. How does that sound?"

     "Perfect, but can I tell my friends about it?"

     "No, don't tell anyone yet." Dumbledore said.

     "Yes sir, do we start the lessons tonight?"

     "Yes, now head to lunch Miss Thomas."

      "Yes sir, see you later Professor!" Nixie waved and walked away.

      Nixie sat down beside Cedric and Paige and began to eat. "Where were you?" Cedric asked.

     "In the meadow, drawing." Nixie lied.

     "Okay, well I have to head to Defence Against the Dark Arts." Paige jumped up and left.

     "I have to go too Nix, bye." Cedric gave her a side hug and left.

      Nixie finished all of her classes and went to her dorm. It was 7:45, so she got her bag and tip-toed outside to the meadow to have her first lesson.