BREATHER

Robin woke up next to Starfire. He didn't sleep much. He consumed with thoughts about what happened. He couldn't focus on anything. Tears rolled down his face as the feeling of guilt was breaking his heart. The most important person in his life got hurt by his own creation, the Red X. Looking at Starfire, Boy Wonder realized how much she went through, how much it costed to keep it a secret, how much she needed him in the worst moments of her life. Robin wanted only one thing at the moment, justice for the Red X. He even considered crossing the line, but he knew that it would devastate Starfire even more. Boy Wonder never killed anyone and his consciousness wouldn't let him stay sane if he did.

Suddenly Starfire woke up and saw Robin crying. She immediately snuggled to him closer trying to comfort her boyfriend. Robin embraced Starfire tighter.

"Robin?" Starfire whispered hesitantly. The girl leaned toward his face. This kiss was all what Robin needed. Starfire's soft lips connected with his made him remember that no matter what, she'll be always with him. She always stayed with him before, despite his many faults. When they broke the kiss Starfire laid on his chest as he embraced her waist. After a while of silence Robin decided to say something.

"Starfire... I was thinking a lot about something and now I know I can't wait anymore." Starfire looked at him confused and then he kneeled before her on one knee. Her heart started beating faster.

"You're my love... You're my everything. You've changed my life. I love you deeply and completely. I know that maybe it's not the best time, but since we're awaiting the end of the world and after all that happened I want to confess my love in this special way... I want to spend with you the rest of my life... Starfire, will you marry me?" Robin took a little black box out of his pocket and when he opened it, there was a beautiful, shining ring with tiny emerald crystal. Starfire looked at him surprised but especially happy. She couldn't resist herself and jumped on Robin and kissed him. They both laid on the bed and Starfire on the top of him. "So... Is that a yes...?" Robin asked confident of her answer.

"Yes! Yes! I want to be with you forever!" Robin smiled from ear to ear and kissed his fiancée. He's been meaning to propose earlier, that's why carried the ringaround all the time. Their current problems and Red X situation somehow eclipsed. They both started planning the weeding day. After an hour Starfire and Robin dressed up in their usual uniforms and went to the ops room to announce the good news to the others. All Titans looked at them questioningly.

"Is everything okay now?" Raven asked seeing smiles on Robin's and Starfire's faces.

"Even more than okay!" Starfire replied cheerfully. She looked at Robin and he looked at their confused friends.

"We have something to tell you guys." Starfire simply showed her finger with a ring on it. All Titans looked at a couple with shock.

"That's awesome dude!" Beast Boy shouted.

"Well, it's about time!" Cyborg added.

"Congratulations!" Raven said with a little smile.

"So... When are you going to do this?" Beast Boy asked interested.

"As fast as it's possible." Robin replied and Starfire nodded smiling.

All Titans were so excited, especially Robin and Starfire. They decided to celebrate that. Everything seemed to be better and bad things consigned to history. Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy were preparing the party. They commanded Starfire and Robin to hang out until everything is done.

They both went to the Park and sat on the bench beside a beautiful lake. Robin was looking deeply at the sky having his arms around Starfire. She was lying on his chest with her arms around him. A couple needed some time in peace and quiet. It's been an hour in silence.

"Starfire? I have to tell you about something." Robin said looking at her cute fiancée nearly asleep in his arms.

"Yes Robin?" She replied sweetly still with her eyes  closed.

"Since our conversation about children... I've been thinking a lot about this" Hearing this Starfire immediately opened her eyes and looked toward Robin's face.

"Yes?" She asked excited. Starfire didn't expect from Robin to ponder about this subject so much.

"I think... that I really want to become a father. It could be amazing. Me, you and our little baby." Robin said softly and Starfire looked at him shocked.

"Are you... are you serious?" Her eyes widened and a big smile appeared on her face.

"Yes, I'm totally serious my love." Robin replied cheerfully.

"Oh Robin! I am so happy! But... Do you think we can handle this responsibility?" Starfire was really happy but also hesitated. She remembered Robin's doubts when they first talked about it. Boy Wonder looked at her and grinned.

"I'm sure we can. Together... we can do anything." He said proudly.

"I love you Robin..." She said kissing him.

"And I love you Starfire." He replied kissing her again.

The day passed slowly but happily. Suddenly Robin's communicator turned on. It was Cyborg. He said that everything is ready and they can head back to the tower. A couple was excited but also a little awkward, that their friends did all this just for them. When they got to the tower, every light was shut down. When they came into the ops room, suddenly all lights turned on and a lot of people appeared shouting 'SURPRISE!'. There was almost everyone, Titans East, Red Star, Kid Flash and many others.

Everyone were congratulating a couple their decision. Robin decided to say something to them. Raven silenced a music and all guests looked at the Boy Wonder.

"Thank you guys for being here today... for your support and good word. You're the best team!"

After these words everyone started the party. It was a long night. During the event Starfire felt tired and went with Robin to his room. Boy Wonder took his laptop and gave Starfire. She looked at the screen and saw a website with weeding dresses.

"I was wondering if we can go and buy you one of these weeding dresses tomorrow. You can check them and choose whichever you want." Robin said cheerfully and sat beside Starfire. She seemed to be not tired anymore, kissed Boy Wonder and started looking for the perfect dress. Quite some time have passed and Starfire was still searching, so Robin fell asleep.