Chapter 10 ~David~

"You need help."
I speak after her long monologue then turn and leave the hayloft.
She doesn't follow me. So I keep going. I walk all the way back to my house, trying to process all that she just told me. Trying to understand.
I slowly slip in the back door of our kitchen and creep up the back staircase. Careful not to wake my grandmother.

I get into my room and sit down on the bed. Staring at the patterns in the carpet. After a while I kick off my shoes and lay down to sleep. My problems forgotten. Hers running rampant in my brain. I am obsessed. Overtaken.
Consumed.
~
I wake to my alarm blaring. The green numbers flash 6:15.
I have to get up, but my back hurts. Why does my back hurt? Oh yeah. I was lifting weights, well hay bales, before she came out. I had just finished my workout and was headed back to the house, when she walked up looking like a nervous wreck. That's not the point. The point is my back hurts. And that alarm is getting annoying. I stretch my arms and slam my hand on the snooze button. Then I hurry to the bathroom in the hall. My clothes are already in there. I lock the door, strip down, and hop in the shower.
~
"Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!"
I rush out of the bathroom and to my room to turn off the alarm. The snooze was set for 10 minutes. I never beat it. I turn the alarm off and finish getting ready. Pulling on my dark green polo and my faded black cargo shorts.
I finish and head downstairs to eat some cereal. Then I head out to the barn and do my morning chores. Dad is already milking the cows. I hurry to join him.
~
When I finish at the barn I hurry to the house, grab my backpack and start walking down the driveway toward the bus stop. I have walked that road every school day since the year I turned six.
School.
I hate it. I don't get to take the classes I want because as an ag kid I can't take writing classes. Instead I get boring ones. Like history.
I get to the stop and join the guys. They're talking about a fight yesterday. Then I realize that they were talking about Julie Anne's fight with Blair. Well. The school considered it a fight. None of them do. They all think it was due time Blair was on the receiving end of some torment.
Julie runs up just as the bus pulls up. Never fails. She's never there more than two minutes before the bus. She doesn't socialize because they don't like her, but they don't like her because she doesn't socialize, it's a never ending cycle.
I get on the bus, find my spot and start writing. I'm writing a book, and I just thought of a great new chapter. It's about fist fights.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
I'm so sorry you guys!!!
I've been super busy the last few months. I've also had really bad writer's block. I promise I'll try to publish more often. But it might not happen. Also sorry for the suspense last time. What did y'all think David was gonna say??? Please comment I want y'all's feedback. Also share my story so that a lot of people will read it!!!!!!