Maehara Hiroto x reader: growing up together

Start from the beginning

You gulped and Maehara smirked confidently. Isogai turned the card around. You smiled happily and Maehara got a 'why does this happen to me' face.

"An ace Maehara. Get 10." Isogai said with an innocent smile. Maehara dramatically placed his hand on his forehead and leaned backwards. "How can my own two friends do this to me!?" And he fell backwards, onto the floor.

"I think we broke it." You said as you sat next to the 'dead' Maehara on the floor. You placed your hand on his chest. "His heart is still beating." You lied your head down on his chest. His heartbeat quickened and a faint blush spread on his cheeks.

'Get yourself together Maehara. you do not like your best friend!' He thought to himself. He raised from the death(/floor). His mouth hung open and his arms were straight forward.

"Braaaainns." He called out, facing you. He leaned in and sniffed your head. "No brains here. Braaaainnnss." He called out again, standing up and walking towards Isogai.

"Hey I have brains!" You called out to him. He laughed and so did Isogai. You just tried to look angry, in which you terribly failed. In the meanwhile Isogai's mother was standing behind the door.

'I can't tell him... They're having so much fun.... But they can calm him down. Okay better now than never.' She thought and she held back the tears. She knocked on the door and opened it.

"Yuuma.... Can I talk to you for a second?" His mother asked. Isogai nodded and excused himself. You and Maehara waited patiently, while poking each other in the stomach.

~With Isogai and his mom~

"What do you want to tell me?" He asked. 'How do you tell a 10 year old his father died in a car accident...' "Mom are you okay?" His mother snapped out of her thoughts. She hugged his tiny frame and whispered:

"Yuuma... Papa died in a car accident..."

Isogai was shocked. He didnt cry. Of course he was sad. But he had to stay strong and comfort his crying mother.

"Mommy... Its okay. I'm still here." He said while hugging back. He let a few tears slip. Then he broke down. Loud wails escaped the small child. You and Maehara were curious what was going on so you went to check on your friend. Hearing the loud wails coming from the living room, the two of you sprinted towards the living room. As Isogai's mother saw you two, she let go of Isogai and made him face you and Maehara. He ran towards you and hugged you tightly. You hugged back and stroked his hair. After a while he let go and hugged his other friend. They also hugged for a while and Isogai calmed down, now only soft sniffles escaping him.

"Hey Isogai.... Maehara still has to grab 10 cards." You said, trying to cheer him up. Isogai smiled and softly chuckled. He wipes the dried tears away and nodded.

"Yes he does."

~The en-
Friend: HEY WHAT KIND OF HALF-ASSED ENDING IS THIS!? CONTINUE!
Me: 'Kay ;_;
__________________________________
The three of you had a sleepover that night and cheered Isogai up. The next day Isogai was still smiling and playing. Of course he missed his dad, but that didn't keep him from smiling and laughing.

"(L/N)!! You're it!!" Isogai said as he tagged you. You pouted and ran after Isogai to tag him, only to notice that your orange-haired friend was gone. "Oi Isogai... Where did Maehara go?" "I don't know. Maybe he hid?" Isogai questioned. The two of you decided to search for your missing friend. Isogai found him and immediately told you.

It appeared that he was flirting with girls. You walked up to him and poked his shoulder. "Tag you're it Maehara!" You said while smiling. He turned his head to look at you and then grinned.