Chapter 6

Chapter 6

-Roses point of view-

I was running through the forest, jumping over fallen trees and chasing little animals that were gathering food for the coming winter.

I felt free...like nothing mattered.

But suddenly, my wonderful dream transformed into a terrible nightmare.

I found myself in a small clearing, a clearing that was all to familiar to me. I stood there frozen in place unable to move. Even when I saw them circling around me. Even when I saw him walk into the circle with his teeth bared, glistening in the moons light. Not even when he leapt through the air and came crashing against my body.

I knew what was coming next. His opened mouth neared my throat.

But the dream didn't even finish because by that time my fear was off the charts. I sat up on the couch drenched in my own sweat breathing heavily. I used the sheet that was covering me to wipe my face of the sweat. I took a deep breath and told myself it was a dream, I was safe here at home, he was dead James killed him to protect me. I kept telling myself that because even though it was true I still felt like he would jump through the window, to take my life just like he almost had in the woods.

My thoughts were interrupted by the soft sound of someone stuck between snoring and and just breathing heavy. I looked to my right to see James with the lazy boy pulled up beside the couch. I smiled to myself. James looked so cute when he slept. His face so relaxed, every so often the corner of his mouth would pull up making it look like he is telling himself a funny joke or sometimes either his arm or leg would twitch.

James was wearing loose fitting sweat pants but no shirt. I don't know why but a stupid smile broke across my face until I realized that all that was covering me was a sheet. I stood slowly so the couch wouldn't creek, then rapped the sheet around me so I was covered. I was half way to the stairs when I herd him call my name.

"Rose?" James had woken up and was just coming out of the living room with a confused look on his face.

"How are you feeling?" He asked stoping in the door way leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah...I just woke up...I was going to shower and put some clothes on." I said slowly not meeting James's eyes.

James nodded.

Part of me wanted to ask a question that has been bubbling inside me since I woke, but another part of me new how he would answer the question. I had to know, so I just asked.

"How did you get me home?" I said slowly

There was a hint of a smile on his face but his brows furrowed before he answered. "I carried you. When I was able to get back to your side there was another wolf trying to attack you, he only got as far as injuring your leg."

"Oh...So I wasn't imagining that?" I asked sadly.

He shook his head. He walked away from his leaning post coming towards me.

"Let me see your leg, I need to make sure it healed properly." James said kneeling at my feet. He bunched up the sheet until my leg was exposed up to my knee. He took my ankle in his hands and brought it up until it was resting on his knee. I shivered at his touch.

"It's almost fully healed, a little bit pink but that will be gone in about an hour. Your lucky it's not anything worse, most new werewolves don't heal as fast. You will be when you a few years older."

"Oh..."

James didn't bother to move her leg away from him, but instead slowly ran his hand up her leg then back down, massaging her leg. I closed my eyes, absorbing his touch. My breathing became shallow and quick. Part of my mind screamed at me but the other part told it to just shut up and let it be. I felt him place his lips just below my knee, it was like my leg spontaneously combusted into flames. James lips moved slowly up my leg, his hand moved up as well to move the sheet out of the way. A growl escaped my lips as his mouth neared my upper thigh.

Wait! What was I doing? This can't happen! I opened my eyes and stared down James meeting his eyes. There was realization in his eyes to. He withdrew his hands from my leg then placed it in the ground and stood.

"I'm so sorry Rose. I don't know what came over me." I said while backing up a few steps.

"No, it's alright." I said quietly "I need to go shower..."

All he did and nods and watched me walk up the stairs.

One in my room with my door closed I feel to the floor. What happened to me? There was so many feelings that were coursing through my body. Love...hunger...need. But there was this one feeling I just couldn't place. What ever it was had effected James as well.