Chapter 4 - A Regrettable Decision

Chapter 4 - A Regrettable Decision

I stood in front of the person in front of me, "You are, Haruhi Fujioka?", I asked.

He smiled, "Yes, I am."

"You must be the other person who was chosen for the scholarship right?"

"Yep and you are Miyuki Sachiko. I've heard a lot about you. I'm glad I'm not the only commoner here," she laughed. "Thank goodness I found you! Us, girls have to stick together anyway!"

"G-Girl? You're a girl?!"

"Yeah...I know it's very weird since I'm wearing the suit jacket and the pants as well as the other guys."

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were a guy all this time!"

"Oh it's fine. I get that a lot."

"I-I see..", I looked down awkwardly as Haruhi continued to smile.

"You know, the club I am in could really use your help," she said.

"My help?"

"You have a beautiful voice. It would really help the Host Club."

"Host Club? You mean that club in Music Room 3?"

"Yeah, I'm a part of it. You may not think, but it is actually a really great place and everyone is really nice there. However, we have been losing guests and we are starting to lose ideas," she looked at me, "So...I think you would be a great addition to the group."

I looked at her with blank look as I realized what she was asking.

"Um..I don't know," I spoke. "I appreciate that you want me to join your club because you like my voice, but I am incredibly shy. If I perform for your club, I'm just going to become a burden for all of you. I'm sorry."

I decided to walk away until she spoke up.

"Then here is your chance to stand against your fear."

I stopped walking as soon as I heard those words.

She looked at me, "I know we just met, but I know that you can't hide that type of voice forever. We need help. If we don't get ay more guests, we would have to close the club. I know...that a person like you wouldn't pass an opportunity like this."

After listening to what she had to say, I took a breath and gave in. I turned to her and spoke, "You convinced me."

We both smiled at each other as she led me to Music Room 3.

"Here we are," she said as she opened the double doors.

The room was almost empty, but there were a couple guests inside whom the guests were entertaining.

I walked inside following Haruhi as I looked around. The room looked beautiful as I noticed the beautiful light fixture on top of the ceiling.

The artwork placed upon the walls were beautiful as well.

This was when Haruhi decided to introduce me to the club.

"Everyone! I have found someone I'd like you to meet," Haruhi spoke as everyone gathered around. She gestured towards me, "This is Miyuki Sachiko. She is the other student who earned the same scholarship as me and she will be helping us in the Host Club."

I smiled at everyone, "Hello. It's nice to meet you."

Then, she gestured towards the hosts who walked towards us, "Now here is Mori-senpai, Honey-senpai, Hikaru and Kaoru, Tamaki-senpai who is the leader of the club and Kyoya-senpai!"

I gasped as Kyoya stood before me and we both made eye contact.

We were both shocked as we stood silently.

"W-What is going on?", Honey asked in a confused state.

"K..Kyoya..", I spoke softly.

He looked down and then looked back at me, "It's been a while, Miyuki."

"W-WHAT?! You guys know each other?!", Tamaki exclaimed.

"We were childhood friends," Kyoya explained.

"Our houses were right in front of each other," I added.

"You were neighbors?", Haruhi asked.

I kept looking at him, "We used to be, but then you left."

He averted my gaze, "..Miyuki."

"Why....why did you leave? Why are you here?" At that moment I snapped, "I thought you were going to become the next heir of your family's business. What are you doing here in this Host Club? You left, in order to fulfill that goal and yet why are you here? It's like you just left home for nothing."

He didn't respond as everyone watched me with worried eyes.

I clenched my fists, trying to push back tears, but they ended up falling, "I waited...I thought you would come back, but you never did. And now you're here again...I thought I would be happy, but now I'm not. We were friends...we were friends..."

I turned around and started to leave the room.

"Wait! Miyuki!", Haruhi yelled.

"I'm sorry, but you have to find someone else," I spoke as I left the room.

Everyone watched me leave as Kyoya clenched his fists with frustration.

Tamaki looked at Kyoya with concern, "Kyoya...what happened?"

Kyoya closed his eyes as he tried to regain his composure, "....I made a regrettable decision. That's what happened."

Back at home..

I sat on my bed, holding onto one of my pillows as I cried by myself. I had so many mixed feelings, I became so confused.

"Why....why did it have to be this way? I thought I could forget about him..but..."

Images of us when we were young appeared in my mind as more tears fell.

I held my pillow tighter as I continued to cry.

Meanwhile...

Kyoya sat on his bed as he remembered seeing me with tears in my eyes.

"I waited...I thought you would come back, but you never did. And now you're here again...I thought I would be happy, but now I'm not. We were friends...we were friends..."

He clenched his bed sheets with one hand and placed his other hand on face, "Miyuki...I'm sorry...I'm sorry.."

The next day...

It was another wonderful day. I decided to avoid being involved with the Host Club and focus on my studies. If I saw Haruhi, I would avoid her too.

I decided that I needed time to myself from now on.

After classes, I decided to go to the garden to take a breather.

As I made my way to the garden, I heard a voice from afar, "Miyuki!"

I stopped and turned, seeing Kyoya at the other side of the hall.

I turned back around and chose to leave him behind.

"Wait! Hold on!"

He started to run towards me as I walked quickly to get away from him. However, his hand caught my wrist which forced me to stop walking.

"Wait...please..let me explain myself."