Chapter 1 - Spring

Chapter 1 - Spring

It was a beautiful spring day as my 7 year old self danced around the flower garden in front of my house.

"Miyuki, it is time for lunch!", my mother yelled to me, opening the screen door.

I gave her a bright smile, "Okay!"

She smiled back and closed the door.

Right when I was going to enter the house, a van arrived at the house in front of me. Out came a boy who was a year older than me. The van left as I saw him walk into his house with his two brothers.

I stood and waved my hand, "HI KYOYA!!!!"

Kyoya turned around and smiled, waving back.

We both waved at each other and proceeded to enter our houses.

My name is Miyuki Sachiko and I am 5 years old! I live with my mom and my dad! The boy that lives across from me is Kyoya Ootori and we are best friends! After school, we would always play together. He would always be tired from studying every day and would never have a break. So, I would always be the one to take him outside to let him be happy again!

One day, we went to the park and were on the swings.

"Kyoya?"

"Yeah?"

"We were asked a question today about what we want to be when we grow up."

"What did you say?"

"I said that I want to be a princess!"

He laughed, "A princess?"

I pouted and stopped my swing, "What's wrong with being a princess?"

He shook his head, "Nothing. I just knew you would say that."

I huffed as I swung again, "What about you, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

He thought about it and then stopped his swing.

I looked at him with concern as I continued to swing, "Kyoya?"

"I....I want to have my own business," he spoke.

"Business?", I looked up at the bright sky with a puzzled look, "What does 'business' mean?"

"Heh," he smiled as he continued to swing, "it is something you make to help other people."

"Oh....that's cool!"

He noticed my cheery look, "What?"

I gave him a smile, "You are very smart. There should be no problem! I know your dream will come true!"

He blushed a little bit and looked away from my face, "Y-You are a weird person...."

After my playdate with Kyoya, I continued to have a good mood as I stayed in my bedroom watching T.V.

I kept having a big smile on my face as I started to think about what I was going to do tomorrow at school.

Then, at that moment, my life was going to change forever.

I heard a loud bang come from downstairs as I immediately stood up and turned off my T.V. I took my stuff teddy bear with me and peeked out my bedroom door and saw two silhouettes yelling and pointing at each other.

Feeling a little scared yet curious, I went down two steps and noticed my mom and dad arguing.

"All this time, you have been using me!", my mom yelled. "Have you ever thought about Miyuki?! You know how much she needs you and yet...you just turned your back on us! Treated us like we were nothing to you!