Chapter Five

I got home pretty late and thank God she was nowhere to be found, I couldn't stomach seeing her right now. I'm guessing she's probably locked up in her studio painting stupid abstracts or pictures of nude men, her muse like she called them, I gag at the thought.

I climb upstairs to my room then shut the door. I missed my bed. I stripped and didn't bother to tidy my clothes, I just plopped on my bed and let sleep take me away.

Hours later

I woke up to sound of Janelle Monae's Yoga blasting through my phone. I rub my eyes and check my caller id "April"

I pick up.

"Hey wassap girl"

I hear some shuttling in the background

"Were you sleeping?"

I yawned and I guess she took that as a yes because she continued

"Well sleeping beauty get your ass up I'm coming over in the thirty minutes"

Ok what is she up to this time

"Coming over for what? "

She sighed

"You forgot about the party, didn't you? "

What party? ... oh fuck I just remembered Jane always threw a welcome back to school party where almost all the school population were present.

"Oh that..."

She interrupts me

"Yeah that. Everybody will be there including Jeremy and that slut"

I could literally feel the venom from her mouth. Lawd she's not thinking about bringing Tyler, is she? As if she was a mind reader she said

"Yes Tyler is coming please be cool"

I snort. Me, Tyler and cool don't go together....at all. But I resigned to my fate and agreed so she hung up.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in a black lace dress, nothing really fancy then I did a little makeup and topped the look with my bold red lipstick. Just when I finished, I heard a horn sound. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

She was still out of sight so I opened the door and closed the house. I turned to see an unfamiliar car, I worked closer and saw Tyler's Mercedes benz and my smile fell.

April was sitting in the front. Immediately she saw me, she shot me an apologetic look and I cursed under my breath. I got into the passenger seat and shut the door pretty aggressively which earned me a glare from Tyler. I was about to make a smart ass comment when he said

"Shut up throughout this ride bitch"

I saw his murderous glare from the mirror and that was enough to shut me up.

***********
When we finally pulled into the driveway, I looked around. Normal high school party scene. Extremely loud music, the crowd was just over flooding, some people were dancing outside and when we got closer, the stench of alcohol hit me like a dodge ball. Fuckin high schoolers.

I don't bother looking back for April and her boy toy, I push my way into the crowd and walked to the kitchen. I was quite familiar with the house since we had sleepovers sometimes. I first spot a tall attractive guy closing the fridge, when he looked up and saw me, he smiled and I returned it.

"Hey Ted"

He hugged me

"Bri nice seeing you here, thought for a second that you might have quit the party scene"

I laugh

"I thought so too"

He sat beside me

"So I'm guessing April dragged you here"

I made the 'ding dong' sound and he laughed

"Please tell me she's not really dating Tyler"

I shrug. I'm not about ratt her out. Ted was one of the popular guys in school, he played soccer and secretly had a crush on April but April pretends to be oblivious and play it cool as friends. Just on the cue, someone called me in the crowd so he stood up and left patting me on the shoulder.

Yay I'm back alone in my misery. I pick a bottle of cola and emptied it into my cup, I don't drink but I kept a bottle of whiskey close by so people won't think I'm a loser.

"If it isn't the queen of all losers"

I don't turn. I don't feel like talking to that thrash boy right now but he's clearly clueless because he sat opposite me, the only thing between us was the table. I look anywhere but his baby blue eyes

"Ignoring me uhn"

He waves his hand in my face and I slap it away

"Tyler leave me alone"

He chuckled and grabbed a beer gulping it down and I involuntarily eyed him staring at those luscious lips before he cut me out

"Stop eye fucking me"

I hiss and murmur 'Rude bitch'

He smirked "Don't call a guy bitch fugly".

I retorted

"My name is Bri...Brianna"

This time he glared at me

"That name is too pretty for someone as ugly as you"

Ouch. That stinged. He must have noticed

"Sorry Briiugly did I hurt your feelings"

I was about to bath him with my coke when Jane rushed in

"Bri come over Jeremy and April are creating a scene"

I don't wait one minute I rushed to the porch, I see golden boy following me and I gasp at the scene unfolding before my eyes.

Just as we stepped in, April raise her hands and her palm connected with Jeremy's making a loud sound which caused gasp from the crowd and Jeremy stumbled back I could see he was definitely drunk and I almost felt bad for him as he held his cheeks in his palm....The slap didn't had effect I could see his cheeks turning bright red.

I rushed over to April and held her back

" Hey let go, what happened?"

She struggled within my grasp clearly furious

"This dirtbag tried to kiss me...This filthy piece of shit!"

On the cue, Tyler appeared from nowhere and threw a punch, making Jeremy collapse on the ground with blood dripping from his mouth....am I the only one that thought this was totally unnecessary.

Then he said

" I told you she's my girl now so stay away from her".

With that he grabbed April's hand and dragged her from the crowd of unlookers, those busybodies were busy clicking away with their phones and me well I just followed them like a robot till we got to the car.

He put April in the passenger's seat and turned to enter the car. I grabbed the door knob to open the door so I could enter but he pushed my hand away harshly.

"Find your way home bitch"

And he drove off.

I stood there completely lost

My purse was in the car stupid, how the hell was I supposed to go home now