Recover and Restore

(Tatsumi's POV)

⠀⠀⠀⠀I sat at Mine's bedside, patiently waiting for her to wake up. I found that the longer I waited, the tighter I gripped her hand and the longer I cried. I also found that the longer all three of those things went on, the stronger the feelings got.

⠀⠀⠀⠀After a while, she squeezed my hand to let me know she was awake. I looked at her teary-eyed. She could tell I was worried.

⠀⠀⠀⠀She took her free hand and caressed my face as she kissed me, our lips connecting like pieces of a broken puzzle. Suddenly, I stopped crying and felt myself smile through the kiss.

⠀⠀⠀⠀When we disconnected, she began to reassure me of her situation. "I'm okay, Tatsumi," she said. I looked her in the eyes to make sure she wasn't lying. Then, she got out of the bed and got dressed. She asked me where her imperial arms was. I got VERY defensive.

"Are you kidding me?! You want to go back out to battle NOW? After all that.." I protested.

"Tatsumi," she began. "We move on from traumatic experiences in Nightraid. Of course I'm not over it, but I need to fight. So do you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀I wasn't convinced easy. After her trying to persuade me for at least another hour, though, I gave up and told her. "It's on the stand over there. They found it and Akame brought it back. It still doesn't work though."

⠀⠀⠀⠀She grabbed it in one hand and took my other hand to hold. We walked back to the site of the battle and joined the others for the final round of this twisted game.