Chapter 16 The Choice's We Make While Protecting The One's We Love

Start from the beginning

"Look, it doesn't matter why I think it's nothing special. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want a party! I didn't and don't want to celebrate it" I say. Now everyone except Damon is staring at me like I'm crazy.

"Why? It's your birthday Cassie. You may not think it deserves to be celebrated, but we do" Elena says, smiling slightly.

"Why do you think that?" I ask. Everyone smiles at me.

"Because it's the day of your birth," Tyler says.

"And if you hadn't been born," Bonnie continues.

"You wouldn't be here," Meredith says.

"And we wouldn't have met you" Matt finishes. Everyone nods and I look at them all confused.

"What's so great about meeting me?" I ask.

"You're sweet, when you want to be" Stefan says.

"You are totally smart" Jeremy and Alaric say at the same time.

"You're incredibly beautiful and you made all of our lives so much better by coming here" Damon says somewhat sarcastic.

"Yeah like Damon said...but less sarcastic" Stefan says, rolling his eyes slightly. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"You guys are the sweet ones. Thanks" I say. Caroline giggles.

"Let's get this party started!" She calls out and everyone cheers.

*Break In Time*

Three Hours and Thirty Minutes Later

Cassie's POV

Stefan and Elena went upstairs a half hour ago to go to bed. Bonnie, Matt, and Jeremy passed out an hour ago because they were exhausted. Meredith and Alaric went upstairs to have some fun but instead passed out in a guest bedroom. Caroline and Tyler drank until they passed out. Now it was just me and Damon. We were slow dancing together in the middle of the room to the song You Save Me by Kenny Chesney. Damon was singing it softly in my ear as we danced, making me smile.

When it ends a different song comes on and I smile widely. When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus. We continue to dance slowly, but now we are waltzing around the room as I sing the song to him. He smiles at me as we waltz to the song. When the song is over, we decide to go upstairs to have a little...Birthday Sex.

(A/N: I'm not going to explain/go into detail about their sex this time. I apologize but I just don't want to write it all out again)

*Break In Time*

The Next Day - Sunday

Cassie's POV

I open my eyes and smile when I realize I am laying on Damon's chest. I look up at him, seeing he is still asleep. I smile and slip out of his arms. I carefully get out of the bed, slipping on my clothes, still smiling. I quietly walk out of the room, and down the stairs. I stop when I get to the bottom. I look around at the trashed living room. Then I see that Stefan, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Matt, and Tyler are cleaning up everything. I suspected that Alaric and Meredith were sleeping. However, while cleaning, everyone is talking.

"I think someone should tell her" Matt says, throwing a plate in a trashcan. Jeremy scoffs.

"Fine. You can tell her" Jeremy says, almost glaring at Matt while chucking a bottle in the trash.

"I'm not telling her. I just said I think someone should" Matt retorts.

"How about this? No one tells her?" Tyler says, gesturing with his hand, a beer can in his hand. Elena and Stefan sigh.