"Oh, I'm so— Hey, stop that. Stop messing with me."

In reply, he only gets chuckles.

I bite my lip to hold back a snicker. Maybe all of the soldiers aren't that bad. After all, most of them are just young boys; maybe my age or a little older. I move across the maze of corridors, feeling smaller and smaller as I make every turn. I'm about to move into a room, praying that Juliette is in there, when I hear voices at the end of the wall.

I'm so shocked that I freeze to the spot.

It's not soldiers. But two workers. I realize that by their dusty brown work uniforms, they must be heading towards the kitchen or something. If I try to run anywhere, I will be spotted. So like the huge idiot I am, I stand there frozen like a rock. They both stop when they spot me. They aren't young like the soldiers. Probably in their early fifties. They both look at me, with confusion in their eyes. They must be wondering how I got out. The dark one frowns at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He snaps.

My mouth dries as I try to think of some explanation. "I-I well I was just ... I thought it'd would be .... I thought it'd be good if ... if I did some ... wandering?"

"Wandering?" The ginger echoes.

"Yeah, to get some fresh air." I joke. "It's great for health, you know?"

Please don't take me to Warner. Please. Please. Please I beg of you.

"You know what else is good for your health?" The dark one narrows his eyes.

"Um, vegetables?" I blink.

"Doing the shit you're being paid to do." The ginger growls as the dark one suddenly jerks forward and grabs my ear. He yanks it with him as he moves away, tugging me towards a door. I yelp.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." I try to jerk my head away from him but his strong grip doesn't budge. I do not want to be presented in front of Warner like this, red faced and yelling at an old man for pulling my ear out.

"Running away from work now, are we?" He mutters under his breath. "You must be the new girl they recruited. First day and you're already wandering about. I'll make sure Rosa gives you extra load of work for this. You'll regret your wandering."

I frown at him, in confusion. The ginger guy is following us, chuckling under his breath.

I huff angrily and try to plant my feet to the floor. "I don't have a fücking idea about what you're ta—"

"Don't swear at your seniors under this roof, girly." He warns, kicking a door open with his boot. "Or I swear you will truly regret it."

"But you—"

"Shut up and get back to work." He practically shoves me inside the room.

I manage to straighten myself up before I fall face first to the floor. I whirl around to glare at the man but he already seems to be locking the door shut. I sigh. He thinks I'm some worker girl. I eye my dusty shirt and jeans and the sneakers. I had worn them back again, I didn't want these soldiers to need another reason to gawk at me. Also what I did earlier had pleased Warner. Wearing the allotted dress, I mean.