(BOOK 3) Chapter 32 - Pull Up To My Ex With My Feelings Missing

Start from the beginning

“Why did he want to fight Marcus anyway?” I asked as we walked to the shoe section. I was never a fan of Next shoes, but I had to admit that their boot section was amazing.

“After Marcus got off the phone with me and found out that I and Steven were talking again, he somehow got Stevens number and told him that this isn’t his baby.” My mouth dropped. Cecilia nodded. “So Steven came to me, he tried to be calm, but he snapped after like a second. We argued, and I asked him, who doe she really believe more, Marcus, or me. And he said me, but I think he doubts it’s his now.”

“If he doubted it he wouldn’t be here now would he?”

“I know. But still Marcus has put that seed in his head. Marcus is only doing it because he was pissed I told him that Steven doesn’t want me talking to him anymore.” I rolled my eyes. What an idiot. This is why I hated Marcus. “So yeah, I deleted and blocked his number from my phone. I don’t want him ruining my vibe Lee.” I hugged her, very proud of the maturity she was showing. We paid for all our things with Steven, went to a couple more kids stores before getting something to eat.

Steven had been acting, let’s say awkward around me. I was acting awkward around him too. We sat on the table across from each other. We had not been left alone together, until Cecilia’s 6 month pregnant bladder kicked in and she was running to the toilet every second. I played with my fingers as we waited for my food. I looked at my phone, no one had texted me and I had no lives on candy crush. I looked over to the counter, our food wasn’t coming, I looked at the toilet door, C wasn’t coming out anytime soon.

“I heard you’re moving to Bristol?” I nodded. “When you leaving?” He continued to question.

“A week and a bit.”

“Rah, that soon?” I nodded smiling.

“You’re gonna be missed.”

“By you?” I asked almost laughing.

“Nah, like Cecilia, Mya, Kwali and them.” I shook my head. I spoke to Mya every so often and me.

“Do you still speak to Mya?” Steven shook his head.

“I’m not allowed.” I stifled my laughter. That must have been one of the conditions that Cecilia put in their contract. “It’s mad uno. Do you know many people she’s banned me from speaking.”

“And how many boys have you banned her from speaking to?”

“Only 53.”  He said that, as if it was really ‘only’ 53. He really believed that was a small number.

“Have you stuck to your contract?”

“Most of it. It’s the smoking that being troublesome.” I nodded. Yeah, Steven and him always had a problem with giving up.

“Who you gonna miss the most?” Steven asked moving his phone off the table as the waitress placed our food down.

“Probably Kayne.” I sad honestly. Cecilia finally left the toilet. She sat down, only to stand back up again and return to the toilet. Steven pointed at her and laughed like an idiot.

“Who sorry?” He asked calming down and returning to earth.

“Kayne.” He put his hand on his heart and tried to look upset.

“Not even me?” He asked. I nodded. I think I would miss Steven. Not him as a person, he was a horrible person, but I would miss his humour and his outbursts. I would probably never find someone as bold and carefree as Steven.

“I’ll miss you a little bit.” He just nodded.

“I’ll miss you small small.” I tutted but smiled. Cecilia finally re-joined us. She tucked into her food, every so often taking bites out of Stevens food. He would look at her with a blank expression every time she did it. Cecilia was telling me about the scan she went to last week, when in the middle of her talking Steven leaned over to her and burped in her mouth. She spurted and tried to an air into her mouth but the damage was done. I looked at him unsure of what to do.