Chapter 2

The moment they stepped in the doorway, Nathan and Matthew recoiled at the smell of decay, blood, and death. They covered their mouths and Matthew began coughing.

"Don't you know it's rude to stand in a doorway? Come in... I don't bite." a raspy voice like venom came from a heap leaning against the wall. His lifeless, glowing eyes seemed to be analyzing the princes.The shackles around his ankles and hands seemed to be useless. "My my, have you finally come to do what your pathetic grandfather couldn't? Or maybe... perhaps you need a little information." At the word 'pathetic' Nate reached for the sword at his side. He was calmed at the slight shove from his brother.

"Ah, Nathan the Battler. Yes a bloodthirsty man who finds it hard to leave the battle field. You really are a monster. Much like the girl in your little forced engagement? You and Chara remind me of me when I was in my youth.... Although there's another. What was her name again...? Ah yes, Morgan. That girl who tries to hard to be special." Nate's grip tightened on his sword. "Oh, did I strike a nerve? Well I suppose you're in a better position than your brother. That Stephanie girl must be very wonderful. "

"MatPat, what he is talking about? Who's Stephanie?" Nathon questioned his brother. Matthew laughed nervously.

"That's not why we're here." He replied hastily.

"Ah yes, you need information. Well i'll give you a hint... She's the one keeping me alive." Springtrap let out a hoarse chuckle, "she doesn't like me, but she likes seeing me suffer." A sudden spasm overtook him and the sound of choking and the spring locks sinking further into his body echoed through the room. "Mari, did I strike a nerve?" He rasped. Nathan finally drew his sword and looked wildly around the room. "Now, she's not here. She rarely visits me. I do know where to look for her though...."

"Where?"

"You won't last the night if I tell you.... If you go, no happy ending will ever find you."

"That doesn't matter, where do we go?" Nathan growled.

"Halloween World."

----------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------

"Brother, we can't go through with this." MatPat protested, "Anybody who has gone to Halloween World has never come back sane. The only ones who weren't driven mad and came back alive are mere legend!"

"Chica came back with Freddy the First, Foxy the First, and Bonnie the First. They were strong enough to come back with only a few major injuries. If we can come up with some of the most elite warriors in the land, we can find the Marionette and Flowey." Nathan insisted.

"Nate, maybe it is best we give up. Maybe this marriage won't be so bad?" Matthew suggested.

"Give up? Give up?!"

"Well it's better than I don't know... Death!"

"Are you saying I should give up on Morgan? Are you saying this... 'Stephanie' means nothing to you?"

"No, I'm not saying that at all! I'm saying we should find a better solution!"

"Matthew, this is the only solution! We have to do this. I do anyway. You can't stop me. I'm going to the training hall to find my team. You're either with me or against me, Brother." Matthew sighed.

"Of course, i'm with you. Just warning you, I have little combat skill and I can't heal that well."

------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--------------------

"Attention!" Nate's voice boomed through the training hall. Everyone from the Newbies to the seasoned veterans froze in place. "I'm looking for the best of the best! A mission into Halloween World!" the room started buzzing and the reining admiral approached Nathan.

"Prince Nathan, I will help you find the best of our knights." a low voice promised.

"Thank you, Admiral Freddy."He smiled warmly at the bear. Despite his non-threatening appearance, Freddy was an admirable warrior. He had two bright blue eyes and soft brown fur. He,for some reason, added a steel bow tie to his armor. Because Logic. He was about the same height as Nathan, if not taller. He gestured for the prince to follow him. He lead him to where a fox with a hook and eye patch was slicing a training dummy.

"Foxy, That's the third one this month. You really must learn to practice on something else." Freddy laughed heartily. Foxy huffed and lifted his the eye patch from his left eye with his right handed hook. He took a brief look at Nathan with those squinted yellow eyes before going back to what he was doing. Nate made a note of the hooked hand, sharpened to a deadly point.

He continued on, stopping when he saw a large heap of metal. "Isn't that dangerous?" He questioned Freddy.

"She's dangerous, alright. She doesn't hesitate, she goes straight for the head." Freddy mused. Nathan looked back at the pile in confusion. He barely blinked before the head of a dummy was added to the pile. A white fox head turned to look at him. It sat up on one main wire, and had an odd look to it. A single yellow eye and another head, lipstick, it seemed... mangled. The odd... woman... opened its mouth, but only static came out. Nathan covered his ears, taken aback by the noise.

"She says she's sorry to seem unruly Prince Nathan." Freddy translated.

"It fine, but what was that?" Nate inquired, interest peaked.

"She doesn't have a proper voice, you might say." The bear explained. Mangle nodded, bowed her head, then slunk back into the pile of parts. Nate continued, stopping once again to see a child.

"Why is such a young boy here?" He demanded.

"Oh, that's Baby's son. Your father couldn't put him in an orphanage, so he's training here. He's a handful but he's not a bad kid. He just had a horrible upbringing." The boy had his back to them, focused on the dummy. He didn't have armor but he had the marks of Baby's little murder circus. Colorfully dyed clothes, more human than the rest. At this angle you could tell he even had Baby's rosy cheeks.

"If he feels accepted here, then maybe he won't turn out like his mother." Nathan mused, remembering the psychotic monster he had brought to justice a mere month before. The boy finally moved, throwing a flurry of explosive colors at the dummy. A good tactic, had it been alive it would have been blinded. He followed up by circling the dummy, throwing small knives he had in his pockets. Impressed, Nathan moved on once again. At the end was a seasoned veteran, Bonnie. He noticed the Prince before and bowed as Nathan approached.

"Your Highness! Whatever do I owe this unexpected visit?" He greeted Nate, straightening up.

"Bonnie, no need to be formal. I have a mission." Nate's face was serious, for once, and Bonnie knew he meant business.

"How dangerous?"

"Very."

"Will we be killed?"

"Most likely."

"I'm in."

------------------~~~~~~~~~~------------

The chosen team was gathered in King Mark's throne room. The squad consisted of Nathan, Matthew, Foxy, Bonnie, Mangle, and the young Balloon Boy. Markiplier raked his gaze across the members, judging any physical weakness or strength.

"My sons, are you positive you wish to go down this path?" He finally asked. The last thing he wanted was to lose his sons, three innocent warriors, and a child. The brothers exchanged a glance.

"We are certain, father." They replied in unison.

"In that case... your journey begins now!"