Chapter 6 - 'Freak'

The rest of the girls in my dorm are asleep, I never get to sleep until long after the rest, that's why you have Aster - so you have something to do. A single tear rolls down my face, disrupting my freckles and distorting my vision. You're crying because Matriarch called you a 'freak'. A 'freak' that's what I am, a 'freak' , all I am to Matriarch I suppose, but then I am a nobody. I unearth Aster from underneath my pillow.

Dear Aster,

Matriarch called me a 'freak' today which is even worse than the other children saying that I'm  'no-speaks'. I get used to people calling me names but THAT was just the worst. Ever.

I'm so nervous about tomorrow because it is visiting and adoption day. I'm also really excited as I hope Rhona and Isla come, because they promised that they would try when they left but I'm not sure Matriarch will let them in. And if I dare, I hope that someone from the Highlands will adopt me or just that someone will adopt me. I suppose that is all for today.

Ris. 

I'm not good at writing, I do it 'cause it is the only way to 'talk'. Oh no Matriarch, quick, look asleep. She walks straight past me, phew that was close, better be more careful next time.

Someone is listening to music in one of those houses next-door my ears prick and my feet twitch longing to get up and dance...

...Christ alone my hope... found,

..., my strength, my song;

...Cornerstone,  ...Ground,

...fiercest drought and storm.

What heights of love, what depths of peace,

...

My Comforter, my All in All,

...the love of Christ ...

In Christ alone!...

Fulness of God in helpless babe!

This gift of love ...righteousness

...

Till on that cross as Jesus died,

...satisfied -

For every sin on Him...

Here ...death ...Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay

Light of the world by darkness slain:

...glorious Day

...from the grave he rose again!

And as He stands in victory

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,

For I am His ...mine -

Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,

This is the power of Christ in me;

From life's first cry to final breath.

Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,

...

...

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

It's a Christian song, who listens to Christian songs when not at Church, they're sooo boring, but this one is actually nice. What is wrong with me?