Saver of Greater Evil

Rory's P.O.V.
---------------------

I stared at the secret door in awe. It was disguised to look like a bunch of rocks! I never would've guessed.

I saw Blake reach out to grab something, but instead, he pulled out a stone and lights soon lit the area. He pushed it back in and soon a long narrow hallway was in my view.

The hallway wasn't rocky though, it was metal, with pipes and actual light rods. I assumed they wouldn't have electricity because of these "Elders" and the war, but I guess this proves me wrong.

Dylan slightly pushed me forward, causing me to stumble into Blake's back.

"Watch it." He hissed.

I glared at his back and said," Whatever grandpa." The glare was now returned to me, but I continued down the hallway.

We then approached a door with a guard guarding it. He gave me a blank stare and Dylan decided to speak.

"Ben, having a good time?" He joked.

"Absolutely." The guard said,"Who is this? A traveler?"

"Yeah, caught her fighting a Faben, luckily, we were there to save her." Evan said.

"What's a-." I started but Blake covered my mouth. I immediately looked up and glared at him, but he ignored my gaze.

"-A fast way to Revolution city, she's been asking and hearing her ask one more time is hell." Blake spoke. My glare deepened and I made a face, which was probably super ugly.

The guard didn't look suspicious at all, instead he said," You'll have to go through Deadmans Mountain to get there from here."

I forced Blake's hand off my mouth and said," Must be a long trip."

"A long trip indeed." The guard said," Well inside you go."

The door opened and then we were on a balcony that goes around the room making it possible to see the room bellow us. The room had a huge holographic globe about 20 feet high, around the globe were men and women typing in computers. We walked down the stairs and a middle aged guy wearing all black approached us.

"Greetings Byfonder Alex." The boys nodded at him.

What the hell is a Byfonder?

"Greetings boys." Alex nodded back," Who is this? Traveler? Roamer? Enemy?"

Alex had long blonde hair and nice brown eyes, he looked like he was in his early twenties.

"Traveler." Evan said.

"Byfonder, we would like to discuss a problem." Blake said.

"Indeed, follow me." Alex said walking towards a door.

The door led to a hallway with doors along the sides. Then it finally led to an open area, like a hang out place. Around the walls were more hallways. It was like a safe, technological, underground, sanctuary.

The women were hanging out on benches watching their kids play, some were pregnant, the men were probably off fighting along with the willing women. They all looked at us curiously but I ignored them, black seemed to be a fashion choice here.

I quietly whispered to Evan," What's a Byfonder?"

"He's the head general for the Tazmanian Rebel clan, which is this clan, it's a word we use for high officials like him. There are more, so if you hear another name, the respected thing to do is to follow it." He explained, although I was still confused.

We entered another hallway but this one needed a pass. Alex swiped his card and we entered an office room.

"Please sit, discuss the problem." Alex said. I sat on a chair and Blake sat on the one next to me, the other two took the couch.

"Byfonder Alex, my name is Rory Parks." I said looking at Blake to see if I did anything wrong, he just nodded to continue,"The thing is, I'm not really from here."

He looked confused and gestured me to continue.

"An hour ago, I was in a lab at my father's science research facility testing out his latest theory 'traveling between dimensions'. I'm not exactly from this planet era, you see, a malifunction occurred and I was sucked into the portal. When I woke up in a dark room, I thought I was alone, but these three were practically set to kill me. I then explained to them and they decided to help me." I explained but something told me he remembered something important.

"What year was this?" He asked getting excited.

"2016." I said.

"Aurora?" He asked.

My eyes widened at Alex and I became suspicious.

"How do you know of my name?" I questioned squinting my eyes.

"Well, I remember my grandfather used to tell me stories about before the war. He told me that his aunt died after being sucked into a portal. The news made headlines and that's when the war started." He said.

"Your grandfather's aunt?" I questioned," That means you must be a descendant of one of my relatives."

He then bent down under the desk and grabbed a book....no a photo album and there I was, standing next to Dion.

"My full name is Alexander Rory Parks." He stated proudly.

The guys stood quietly in the back watching the exchange with surprise and I couldn't believe it.

"You're a descendant of my, at the time, 10 year old cousin!" I whispered, he nodded.

"So you're my, great great great nephew?" I stated still shocked.

"I guess you could say that." He said with a chuckle.

"You said the war started after the incident, was me being sucked in the start?" I asked confused.

"Before the news made headlines, a group of terrorist that called themselves Vastatores, the original Elders, wanted to use the machine to gain power, they were going to steal it the day after you disappeared. Thanks to you, before they could, the machine was destroyed. That made them angry and with the help of some countries, they managed to get hold of all the nuclear plants and changed their name to Elders, short fo 'Elders Of Destruction'."Alex explained.

"You mean, she's Aurora Parks, The Saver of Greater Evil?" Dylan asked looking at me like I was gods gift from heaven.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" I question, a little weirded out by Dylan.

"Even though a war started, you saved us from even more danger, imagine if they layed hands on the portal. Everything would be ten times worse than now." Evan beamed," To us, The Rebels of The Revolution, you're a hero."

I felt honored and a little flustered- but I was also freaked out and confused.

"But, that doesnt mean your destiny is over."Alex said," You were sent here for a reason, you have to overthrow the elders and stop this 70 year war once and for all."

"Three times great nephew say what."