Chapter 30 - Precognition

"Edward's castle?" I said.

"Yes, we're leaving in ten minutes, darling", my mother said.

I went up to my room and did a few touch-ups on my makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my horrible hickey. Fuck you, Carlos.

I grabbed my concealer brush and dabbed a little bit of yellow concealer on and blended it in.

My hickey was mostly covered now, well at least it isn't visible from far, only from up close.

Then, I went downstairs, and my family were already there, waiting for me.

"Come on, Sofia,we're running a little late", my father said.

We all went in the flying coach. And soon we arrived at the Kingdom of Leyton, Edward's kingdom.

* * *

During Lunch, I cleverly decided to sit next to Grace, Edward's younger sister, and on the other side was James.

But even though, I wasn't sitting next to Edward, he somehow sat opposite me. Which was probably worse actually, because he was constantly staring at me, and then would occasionally smirk when I accidentally made eye contact with him.

He is so annoying. But not as worse as Carlos.

Even thinking of his name, made me cringe, of what occurred earlier.

I couldn't concentrate properly. Which was the reason, why I had scarcely touched the food on my plate.

"Sofia, honey, you haven't eaten anything, are you not feeling well?" Said Queen Katherine, she gazed at the food on my plate which was untouched.

"I.. just lost my appetite", I lied.

"Oh that's a shame dear, I know jiggly wiggly jelly is your favourite", Said Queen Katherine.
(A/N: >> this line was really bad ik, but please ignore any stupid stuff that i might write in this story, because i can't do good story writing to save my life <<)

***

After lunch, the parents were still talking, so Amber, James Edward, me and Grace too tagged along with us to the gardens just outside Edward's palace. It used to be where we all hung out whenever we went over to their palace.

It was a beautiful garden. There were blooming flowers, which was twice the height of mankind. The plants were vibrant, even when we came in the evenings, the brightness of the plants, ignited more vibrantly in the dark, as if it was noon. The blend of the colours made the garden seem more of an alluring setting. The beauty of nature was just ... incredible. I used to think that this garden was enchanted.

In the middle of the garden was a magenta-painted verandah. It was where we used to hang out.

Memories flooded inside me, I felt nostalgic, of the good times. When Edward wasn't such a jerk. So what caused him to act like a jerk all of a sudden?

"Race you to the Verandah!" Called James, just like how when we did when we were younger, (Adele reference to 'When we were young' lol). We used to race to the Veranda, to who got there first.

It was good.
Good times.

I miss being young.

Rephrase that, It made me sound old 😂

I miss being young-er.

James and Edward raced to the Veranda, with Grace just behind them, shouting "Wait for me, wait for mee"!

"Come on, Sofia and Amber!" James called from the verandah.

"SORRY, BUT WE'RE NOT LITTLE KIDS LIKE YOU!" Amber yelled back.