Chapter 22 - Bella's recruiting

So I went down for breakfast.

At Bella's 'castle'

"Why did you call me over?" Asked Carlos.

"I need you to do something for me", replied Bella with a smirk.

"And why should I do something for you? It's not like we're friends. Plus how is it going to benefit me?" Asked Carlos.

"Hahaha. There are many things you don't know Carlos".

Carlos looked confused. "And what is that?"

"I know you like Sofia". Bella stated.

"H-how did you know that?" Asked Carlos, shocked.

"I can tell. It's so obvious. Anyway, I have a plan, if you go according to it Sofia will be yours". Said Bella.

"Really? What's the plan?" Asked Carlos eagerly.

Ten minutes later...

"How will that make Sofia like me?" Carlos asked.

"She'll fall for you. She'll think you saved her life and be really nice to you, eventually she'll start to like you. Trust me". Replied Bella.

"Okay then. But why are you helping me? Surely you're benefitting from this too?" Said Carlos.

Bella smiled. Widely. "If Sofia starts to fall for you, then I will take Hugo, and he'll be all MINE!" Cackled Bella.

"But Hugo doesn't even like you", stated Carlos.

He was oblivious to the fact that Bella was more dangerous than she looked.

Bella clenched her fists. And her teeth.

Carlos could see Bella's eyes filling with fire and fury. (Literally) He was in shock.

"What I meant was... Hugo loves you". Carlos said quickly.

Bella unclenched her fists and her teeth. And her eyes became back to normal. That is, what they looked like before she was angry. You wouldn't exactly call her fierce green eyes 'normal' though.

Carlos had never seen anything like that before - Bella's eyes turning to fire. He thought Bella seemed scary and wouldn't want to get on her bad side. Ever.

"Better. You can go now", Bella said.

"Sure. Can I ask you something?" Carlos asked.

"Make it quick".

"Why is your castle... so.. spooky?" Carlos asked, motioning her to look around the room.

The walls were dark, with something green dripping on it. Bella's mucus? Possibly.

The room had no windows, no light and was quite dark.

"Um. I was just decorating it.. for halloween?". Bella said.

"Um okay". He said. "But Halloween is months away". Carlos stated.

"Who doesn't decorate five months in advance?" Bella said.

Like no-one.

Carlos didn't reply, he just shook his head. He just thought Bella was weird and a little mysterious.

"Get out now" said Bella.

Carlos did without arguing.

"Wait! Don't forget to wear a bulletproof vest underneath". Stated Bella.

"Sure. Is it happening today?"

"No, the day of the ball".

At Enchancia

(Sofia's POV)

I ate breakfast then went to school with my siblings and Edward. My dream had really confused me, whether to be nice to him or not. But I remembered what he did last night and chose to be blunt with him.

On the way to school, I briefly told Amber about my nightmare. But I didn't tell her what happened with Edward. She'd freak out.

As soon as I arrived at the gates, I noticed Frederick. I approached him.

"Hi Frederick", I said. He seemed a little startled but then he changed his facial expression to a smile.

"Hi Sofia", he replied.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure", replied Frederick.

" Is there a certain princess that you..like?"

"Well.. I do like one Princess, but I'm not entirely sure if she ...likes me back", Stated Frederick.

"Is it Princess Mia by any chance?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"I took a guess. It was kind of obvious actually", I replied. I felt dejavu (don't know how to spell it) as I remember saying the exact same thing to Mia.

Not exact but you know what I mean.

"It is?"

"Yes, but don't worry, it's not a bad thing. Also, Mia told me she likes you too", I stated.

"Really? She does?" Said Frederick. He seemed so surprised yet so happy.

"Yes. And I think you should ask her to be your date to the ball tomorrow".

"I will. I'm going to tell her right now", said Frederick. "Bye Sofia".

"Bye".

Just then, I noticed Bella walking.

Towards Hugo.

Oh no she doesn't.

I quickly walked up to Hugo who had spotted me. Before Bella could come.

"Sofia!" He said embracing me into a hug. I hugged him back

By now, Bella had come. I saw the envy in her green eyes.

Hehe.

Get it? Because she's green eyed, and she's got green eyes?

No? Okay.

Byee. Oopsie sorry for interrupting the story.

I gave Bella a glare. She returned one back. Then she walked away. She was obviously mad.

"Aren't you excited for the Ball tomorrow?" I beamed.

"Yes, I can't wait", replied Hugo.

**Bell rings**

***

Me and Hugo quickly went to class.

We had Professor Popov'slesson first.

"Today, children, we will be doing the Waltz... ".

"Which Prince and Princess would like to volunteer to give a demonstration?" Professor Popov asked.

Not this again.

A/N: Hii, sorry for the short chapter this was just a filler chapter, but the next chapter will be longer. The next update will be next week after Monday as I have an exam on that day. Not a GCSE thoee, just a regular exam. My GCSEs are over - For this year. Yay 🎉🎊🎂 ☺😅🙆 okay, i dont think those emojies were necessary. Anyways I don't think you guys want to listen to my rant lols. If you liked this chapter vote or leave a comment. Thank you 💛