Chapter 1 ~ Waking up, pranking, getting ready

*Tara’s Pov.*

„It’s 30 past 6 a.m. and I’m awake. Great. I could sleep 30 more minutes but I guess this won’t happen anymore. Let’s see if grandpa and grandma are awake.“ I thought to myself and went downstairs. There was no soul in the kitchen and I went to look for my two sisters.  Of course they were still sleeping tight and so I got an idea. I have to admit, I loved kidding other people, especially Chiara. She wouldn’t kill me if I did something on her. Not like Natasa. She’d kill me. So back to my idea.

I took the stuff I’d need later and went in Chiara’s room. There she was. A girl sleeping peacefully in her bed, maybe having the best dreams, but not any longer. I took the ice, which I got from the freezer and put it in Chiara’s t-shirt. I ran out of the room and I could hear this loud scream. It didn’t take long and she ran out of the room and tried to catch me, because she knew who did this to her. „I will kill you. Don’t worry. There will be this day where I will kill you in your sleep“, Chiara shouted, still trying to catch me. I just laughed and ran for my life. I thought, this time, she’d really kill me and with this thought I ran in the garden where our grandparents were drinking their morning tea.

“What is happening here? Why are you running and why is Chiara yelling so loud that everyone can hear it?!” my Granddad asked me. “ I’ll tell you later, I’m gonna hide in the kitchen. Don’t you dare to tell her!” He was wondering but I didn’t care. I just wanted to run away and I did. When I reached the kitchen I could her Chiara asking Granddad “Okay. Where’s Tara? I will kill her now” – “She’s in the kitchen”. Great. I told granddad to didn’t tell anything but that proved that I shouldn’t trust in anyone. “Okay you little Mofo. Now I got you. Ready for your death?!” my sister yelled and laughed at the same time. I just sat on the chair and grinned at Chiara’s face. She came closer to me, took my hand and dragged me in the garden. If I have known what she does, I’d never let her doing this. “Where are we going? Are you going to kill me now? I’m really sorry that I did this to you. You know I was bored because everybody was sleeping. Okay, our grandparents maybe not but you and Natasa and I just wanted to do something. And you .. well you like my pranks .. or not but just pleeease forgive me I promise I won’t prank you again. So .. Forgiven?” I asked with a childish voice “Yes my little lovely sister, I forgive you. We’re just going to Granddad and Grandma” – “I don’t believe you. So tell me the truth” I said a bit scared. It was Chiara. The devil in person. I knew she had something in her mind as a revenge.

*Chiara’s Pov.*

I didn’t talk to my sister, I just wanted to show her that she shouldn’t mess up with me. As soon as we reached our grandparents, Tara asked our Granddad with a little drama in her voice “I told you to don’t say anything, didn’t I? So why did you tell her?” – “Sorry hun, but she’s the oldest.” While they were having a discussion, I grabbed the next best thing and I hit her in the face with it. It was just a pillow, but I guess I hit her a bit hard because she fell in the pool, which was behind her. A loud scream was coming out of her mouth and I laughed the soul out of me. I think my revenge was successful. It took some seconds for her to get out of the pool and she had to realise that it was actually my fault that she fell into the swimming-pool. She wasn’t angry with me because she knew what I was “joking around”, just like her. “Chiara dear, shouldn’t you get ready? You have to go to the High School and be their native speaker, haven’t you?” my grandma asked. “Oh yeah, damn I totally forgot. Thank you for reminding me. Tara get ready too, and wake Natasa up. School’s waiting for you kids” – “I’m not a child anymore. Don’t treat me like one. I know what I have to do, boss”, she said. Of course she wasn’t a baby anymore, but she was the youngest and she will be always my little sister. So she is like a baby .. at least for me.

I went in my room and I started to get ready. I really didn’t want to teach some kids, but that’s how life was. I had to find something normal to wear, because I didn’t want that the students think badly of me. It took me some time, but at the end I wore my favourite light blue jeans, a white t-shirt, a black jacked, some bracelets and my black & white Nike shoes. I think I looked quite normal. My sisters were ready too and we could start our day. They were in the same High School as me, but I didn’t had to teach them. When we reached the school, we said goodbye and I looked for the English teacher, because she was the one, who could tell me which I class I had in which lesson. In the first lesson I had the 6E (10th school year). I never had them before but they seemed to be nice. At the end of the lesson, one of the students came to me. He asked me if I was the dance teacher. “Yes I am, why?” – “I’d need help. My prom is coming up and I am really bad at dancing, but I don’t have that much time anymore.” he answered. I could see in his eyes that he really needed my help. “Okay, I give you my number, call me after school and we talk about it.” I said. He was really thankful and left the room. “This is going to be very funny” I thought to myself with sarcasm.

---

So this was Chapter 1, I hope you liked it. There could be some mistakes. :)