Part 5

Emir and feriha left from the caf.
"Feriha, I have to shift from that house, so let's go there"
"Emir, gulsum called, I've to see her" she said trying to explain him
"okay". He understood her reluctance to go there " I will drop you there. I won't take long"
"ok"
Emir dropped feriha at gulsum's home and went to collect his belongings.
At the house:
Ece was in the living room, on the sofa, emir entered the house went upstairs to his room. He packed his bag and took out the ring that feriha had given him from the drawer, where he had safely put it. He kept the ring in his wallet and left in hurry. Ece was waiting for emir to come down, but he was gone before she realized. He did not notice her presence in the house.
Emir went to the jewellery store and carefully selected a diamond ring.
He called feriha "I am coming to pick you up in 5 mins"
"ok" feriha told gulsum that it is time for her to leave
Emir picked up feriha and went to etlier.
At etilier aksoy apt:
Feriha looked at him enquiringly
"I am shifting back to home" emir said She looked at him and couldn't conceal the happiness she felt. He kissed her hand "come lets go"
At home:
Feriha was unpacking emir's bag when emir pulled her by her hand "come" and took her to living room
He took out the ring from the pocket, held it open infront of her and said:
"I have lost you so many times but always gained you back. Like always when I lose you, I loose myself. Without you feriha , emir has no meaning. Let's make this house our home again, will you marry me again feriha?"
"Yes" feriha said in choked voice, she couldn't hold herself, with tears rolling down, she hugged him tightly "yes emir...yes"
He slipped the ring in her finger.
He held her face in his hands and kissed her longingly. They found the way to each other again.
Feriha rested her face on emir's face, with eyes closed, she could feel him again and said " I love you"
"I love you too"
They hugged each other and emir kissed her hair.
"Emir" he looked at her enquiringly "this time when we marry we do that in the presence of all our family "
"okay"
"I want to talk to my mom. I haven't spoken to her since 3 years"
"call her"
"she won't talk on phone. She is angry with me. I will have to visit her"
"okay. We will go, when you want to go?"
"emir! I don't want her to accept me because I got back to you, I want her to understand me I'll have to do this myself"
"how will you go all alone? What if anything happens?
"emir , its my mom, there is nothing to worry"
"feriha"
"okay you leave me close to my village and then I go by myself"
"okay as you wish"
They left after an hour, in the car emir's phone rang, it was aysun's call. Emir saw the call and did not attend it. "why are you not attending her call?"
"I will do that later, I am not prepared to talk to her yet"
On reaching the village:
"feriha call me if there is any problem I am not going back I will be close by"
"emir, please go back, trust me , I will be fine"
"okay"
Feriha took the bus to her village and went to their home.
She knocked the door. Omer opened the door, he was happy to see his sister, he hugged her "where were you feriha sister? I missed you so much. Mo said you had gone away very far, you'll never come back"
Zehra called from behind "who is there at the door omer"
"mom look its feriha sister,you said she will never come back , but see ,she is here."
Zehra looked at feriha indifferently, she stood there quietly without uttering a word.
Feriha came inside "mom!" she couldn't stop her tears and reached out for her hand but zehra took it away. "mom you won't even let me kiss your hand"
"omer, why don't you go and play outside your friends are waiting"
"okay mom, but..."
"go boy, go for sometime"
"omer, I am here for some time" said feriha
Omer went to play
"what have you come here for miss. Feriha?"
"mom! You don't talk to me like that, won't you look at me"
"after what you did, I don't think we have much left. You broke my trust with which I left you there at Istanbul. I taught you to fight but you ran away. I taught you to work hard by yourself and achieve your dreams, but you chose some other way"
"mom I did not run away, and I fought you have to believe me."
"feriha, you ran away with a man double your age, leaving your husband behind" she looked at her angrily and said
"yes, I left my husband, but there were reasons. What a girl will do when she finds out that the man for whom she left everything does not value her, when in his fights he left her lonely with her fears"
"you still should have stayed with him"
"I fought everything that came alone, but I broke, you, father, Mehmet nobody was there to understand me , support me. I did what my heart said and believed. I left when I found out the house I built was of sand so I walked away"
"all houses are of sand, you've to toil to make it concrete. Feriha you were lucky to build a house of your dreams but you could'nt toil for it"
"mom, if only you and father were there, that house would'nt have crumpled" she burst into tears and hugged her. Zehra resisted initially from taking her into her embrace but then slowly she lifted her hands and caressed her back and took her under her wings.
"mom, you were right, when you said, their world is different from ours, their ways are very different. I could'nt handle it properly. And one after another misunderstandings grew, creating rift between us that one day, I could'nt recognize the man I was living with. That's when I left the house, I felt betrayed . I accept what I did, but at the end of the day with all my mistakes, I am your daughter, don't throw away me from you. Try to understand me, I need you"
Then they sat and zehra listened to feriha
"feriha, these are lessons of life, that makes these black hair white"