Chapter Twelve -

Start bij het begin

I nodded in thought, feeling slightly disappointed at the fact that I was going to be leaving this place. “I understand.” I said, sighing slightly before turning off the tap. “Let’s go up and get dressed then. I want to soak up as much sunrays as my pale skin can take in before we go back to hell.” I joked, grinning.

He chuckled and bit my shoulder playfully, making me squeak in surprise, before we both raced up the stairs of the beach house, laughing loudly.

***

“Feed me!” Adrian demanded, glaring at my exasperated expression.

“Adrian, you’re not two! Feed yourself!” I snapped back, glaring at him. His glare deepened before he pulled me into his seated body, making me scream out in surprise. “Are you insane?!” I exclaimed, glaring down at him as his glare transformed into a smirk.

“Feed me.” He repeated, lowering his voice. I looked around the crowded beach in shock, hoping no one was watching our encounter as I felt his hand slide down to grip my rear end, making me gasp lightly. “There you go again!” He grinned in a sing song voice, pointing out the small gasp he’d noticed from the morning.

I blushed furiously before shoving three pieces of fries into his mouth with a glare, distracting him long enough to stumble off his shirtless body clumsily.

He chuckled at my lack of coordination, making me glare at him again as he chomped onto the fries smugly.

“You are so obnoxious.” I mumbled loud enough for him to catch my statement.

“Are you sure you want to be saying that to your boss’s face?” He asked with a smirk, raising his eyebrows playfully.

“Absolutely!” I grinned, before pulling my tongue out at him. He chuckled before giving me the same small smile as he did in the morning, before getting out of his seated position. “Really?” He questioned again, walking towards me in a threatening manner.

My eyes widened and I began to walk backwards as my eyes landed on his smug smirk before trailing back up to meet his gaze. I gulped and let out a loud squeal just as he began charging at me, making turn around and run towards the water as quickly as my legs would take me with a heavy stomach.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around my waist, and before I could try and wriggle out of his old, I was hoisted over Adrian’s shoulder while he chuckled. “Adrian!” I squealed in surprise, “Put me down!”

“Apologise.” He said, as I practically felt the smirk appear on his lips at my misery.

I grumbled before pounding my fists on his bare back, scowling down at his red swim shorts. “Adrian.”

He began to chuckle again but stopped abruptly once an admiring sigh sounded from the side of our bodies, causing us to both freeze in shock and confusion.

Adrian turned to the source of the sound, making my scowl at the fact he was turning me even further away from it, before stopping.

“How long have you two been married?” A soft, feminine voice asked, making my eyes widen in shock as I went limp in his hold.

“We’re not married.” I laughed nervously, responding before Adrian could before trying to get my lips as close to his ear as possible. “Put me down, it’s rude!” I hissed into his hair, getting sand on my lips in the process. Adrian’s began to loosen his grip on my waist slightly as he let me slide down his body, but kept me plastered into his side once my feet touched the floor.

My eyes finally met the source of the voice, and I smiled at the middle aged couple politely, blushing slightly at the fact that Adrian wouldn’t let me go.