Chapter Two -

Chapter Two -

"Stop gawking and help me find a dress!" I hissed as I thrust the laptop into Amy's lap - who was sitting on the sofa crossed-legged, dumbstruck by the generous amount of money Adrian had given me for the event on Saturday.

"Let me get this straight," She stated, discarding the laptop aside as she wriggled into a more comfortable position, "He gave you $2,000 to buy a dress that you're only going to wear on that one night because he doesn't want you repeating any outfits, then decided to add another $1,000 so you can buy shoes to match? And he paid for your $140 burger? Why are you not as freaked out as I am on this? Compared to him, I'm like - like - like plankton to a whale!" She exclaimed, flailing her arms around then sagging her shoulders with a pout.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Are you calling him fat?"

Amy's blue orbs widened even further as she grabbed the laptop and rapidly typed something in. After a few seconds, she thrust the laptop in my face. "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M CALLING THIS WALKING SEX SYMBOL FAT?!" She screeched as my eyes landed on a shirtless photo of my Boss on the cover of 'GQ Magazine'. My eyes widened and I closed the tab and grimaced. "Don't show me photos of him shirtless." I grumbled, meeting her eyes.

Amy smirked as she snatched the laptop back off me. "Oooo! Is someone developing a cruuuuuuush?" She sang, before ducking her head and laughing as she narrowly missed the pillow I threw in her direction.

I glared. "No. I just know how he uses his appeal - that's all." I shuddered as I mentally counted how many girls walked into his office this morning. "Honestly Ames, they come parading in like he's the stem to their flower!" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

Amy gave me a blank look before bursting into a full fit of laughter, once again putting the laptop aside to smack her thigh multiple times and rock backwards and forwards. I frowned. "What? What happened?" I asked in confusion, frowning at her.

"'Stem to their flower'! Em! He does actually have a stem," She pointed down to her crotch area and winked, "And us lovely women like to refer to our goods as flowers." She pointed to her crotch area again and I frowned. "I've never heard of that reference before. You need to meet a guy, like right away." I mumbled, reaching for the laptop and placing it on her lap once again. "Now help me!" I demanded.

She laughed, waving me off. "Relax, I've got this. Go make us both a cup of hot chocolate."

"Sure, marshmallows this time or are you 'watching your weight' again?" I laughed, remembering the last time Amy had tried to eat healthy - it didn't last long - she broke as soon as she saw a chocolate bar in my fridge.

"HA-HA." Amy glared, trying to fight a smile. "Stuff so much in that I won't even be able to drink the hot chocolate! And it's black and white themed right? And he said he wanted the dress to be brand-named? God, he sure is picky for a man. That doesn't matter though - he's still as hot as hell." Amy laughed, winking in my direction.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her as I lazily strolled into my kitchen and took the ingredients out to make my famous hot chocolate. As I was mixing the milk, I heard Amy gasp from the other room. "EMILY! IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY LEFT OVER, CAN I PLEASE BUY A DRESS TOO?"

I laughed before answering. "Of course you can Ames. It'll be like a personal thank you gift from Adrian himself." I called out as I tipped the mini marshmallows into Amy's mug before starting on mine.

Amy didn't reply, and I took it as a sign of satisfaction before my best friend's body came stumbling into the kitchen with widened eyes. "Did you just call him Adrian? As in you're-on-a-first-name-basis-with-the-hottest-person-living-Adrian? How did you manage to leave that part out when you were telling me everything that happened?!" She exclaimed, slapping my arm.