Chapter 1

George's POV

Flashback to May 2, 1998
Spells flew everywhere. One would have hit me if I still had an ear. I let out a chuckle as I glanced over at Fred who was shooting random spells behind his back. We turned a corner and practically flew into a secret passage behind a tapestry.

"Ay Fred," I said making my twin look up at me with a grimace on his face. Blood and dirt covered him head to toe, but I could only imagine that I had to look just as bad if not worse. "Reckon Harry's found it yet?" I asked Fred. He gave me a slight grin that made me feel like we could survive this.

"If he hasn't found it yet then I might kill him before Voldy gets a chance." Fred laughed. I knew he was trying to make a joke and lighten the mood, but all I could manage was a fake smile and a hearty laugh along with it. "I suppose we should go back to fighting," Fred said with a frown.

I stood next to Fred and Percy shooting spells at Death Eaters. I was pretty sure that the only ear I had left couldn't hear anything! I glanced behind me after hearing a faint noise, but all I saw was a wall that was falling. I didn't take much more interest in it not knowing that my twin was right where the wall was about to fall.

I looked over to Fred as the rest of the Death Eaters ran away with Percy on their trail, but I didn't see Fred. I saw a hand that was sticking out of the ruins. I screamed and started to tear at the wall that was on top of my best friend. I kept going until I saw him. I saw him looking up at the sky, but seeing nothing. I saw his face that had an everlasting smile etched upon it. I felt tears fall out of my eyes as I grabbed his body into my embraced. I started rocking back and forth sobbing.

I could've sat in that position forever hoping that this was all a nightmare that I could wake up from. Ginny wrestled me away from Fred as Ron started to carry Fred to the Great Hall. The Great Hall where Fred would soon be announced dead along with hundreds of others; where Fred would just be another person who died in the war, just another name lost in history.

I woke up with beads of sweat falling off of my forehead. It's been three painful days since the war that destroyed my life. I still haven't eaten anything. I haven't felt the need to eat. I would say that I was as good as dead, but in my opinion the ghost had it better off than me. Ghost still had their souls and their personalities. I lacked all of those things, I lost all of them when I lost Fred. He was the more creative one of us two. He was also the funnier one out of both of us. He was everything I'm not, and everything I was.

I walked down the stairs nodding to anyone who acknowledge me. My mum started crying when she saw me, but I couldn't blame her if I tried. I did the same thing for the longest time ever time I would look in the mirror. I could bare looking at the mirror and not seeing my reflection anymore. I broke plenty of them out of pure anger that I was still alive, that was until I covered the mirrors. I hated myself, I thought that I made everyone upset because they had to see me. I was a walking reminder of Fred and it about killed me.

I put my head down and walked past mum. I felt tears roll down my cheeks, but I didn't bother to wipe them away. I felt like I was a disgrace to my family. Fred and I were the dynamic duo, but now there's just one of us.

I walked to the backyard to rid the garden of gnomes, and to distract myself from seeing that horrid memory. That horrid memory that came to mind every time I closed my eyes. I dreaded going to sleep, but the worst part of sleeping was always waking up. Mainly because every time I woke up, I would remember that it wasn't a nightmare, it was reality.

A\N Sorry for such a short chapter, but I'm afraid that the first couple of chapters might be short and slow. I do promise that it will get longer as well as more interesting. First I had to get out how George would sulk around with Fred being gone. I think the next chapter will be: A) Longer & B) starting to explain the story coming up compared to this one which just goes over the background and how George felt.