"Well then I'll drive you back." He smiled at me.

I shook my head no, I realized we're back to this again.

"Please." He pouted.

"Fine." I huffed with my a sigh.

His whole face lit up. He seemed so excited. So excited that he quickly got his car keys, so quick that he tripped. I burst out laughing, he lost his balance. This guy never fails to make me laugh. He glared at me playfully which cause me to smile at him innocently.

"Did you just laugh at me?" he teased.

"No, I cried." I replied sarcastically.

"No need for a sarcastic comeback princess." he flashed me a big smile.

I rolled my eyes and followed him outside as he unlocked his car door. He opened the passenger door for me, I entered thankfully. I rubbed my arms up and down trying to warm myself up because of the chilly weather.

He ran to the drivers side and entered as quick as possible causing him to hit his head hard. I burst out laughing again.

"You seem to embarrass yourself a lot when you're around me." I teased him.

"And you seem to blush a lot when I'm around." he smirked at me.

"Touchè."

I rolled my eyes just when I felt my cheeks heat up. Carson burst out laughing which caused me to blush harder. He poked my cheeks using his finger.

"See? That's what I'm talking about." he chuckled.

I crossed my arms and wait for him to pull away from his driveway. Minutes after we're in a comfortable silence when suddenly Carson turned the radio on, so loud that my ears hurt.

The song Try Hard by 5 Seconds Of Summer blasted in my ears. It's one of my favorite songs! So I decided to sing along.

She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades,

The colors in her hair don't seem to fade.

I get dressed up when I go out but she gets dressed down..

She's seventeen I told her I'm twenty,

I can't take her out cause mom's got no money.

And stuff like this that makes me wish that I can change somehow..

Sitting here at home..

You tell me that she's so out of reach

And I'm finding it hard cause you make me feel you make me feel like I try like I try like I'm trying too hard again!

I sang at the top of my lungs when it reached the chorus part of the song. I heard Carson laughing so I stopped singing.

"What?"

"You're a terrible singer!" he laughed again.

"I am not!" I scoffed and kept quiet the whole ride.

I leaned my head against the window and tried to take a nap but no matter how hard I try, I can't.

Everytime I try to sleep, I always dream of my mom. It makes me think that I'm the one who killed her, it's like my guilt's eating me.

"Cass? Why are you crying again?" he asked softly.

I didn't know that my cheeks are wet because of my tears. I didn't even know I'm crying.

"I just.. How do I put this.. I.. My guilt is eating me. I felt like I'm the one who killed my mom, even if it's just an accident I felt like it's all my fault and I guess all these years I deserve my dad's beating. All these years-"

"Woah. Stop right there cupcake. Nobody deserves to be beaten, not even the bad people. Especially you, you don't deserve all these things that are happening to you, so don't put the blame on you kay?" he glanced at me with a smile.

Why does he always make me feel like I'm wrong and his right? He makes me believe every word he said like he really meant it.

"Carson," I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. Really thank you, I don't even know how to thank you for everything that you've done." I said my voice barely above whisper.

"You don't have to thank me. That's what friends are for right?" he smiled at me.

We're friends? I thought we're just uhmm.. classmates who talk?

"Yeah, but thank you again."

"Anytime."

I didn't know how long we sat there in silence but now I saw my house as Carson parked his car at our driveway. I saw my brother sitting at the porch. I got out of Carson's car by the time I thanked him.

"Call me if you need anything kay?" He told me for the last time.

I nodded and smiled at him. I walked towards my brother and saw his cheeks stained with tears. The last time I saw my brother cry is when my mom died.

Why is he crying now?

"Jonathan? Why are you crying?" I sat next to him.

He looked at me for a few seconds. I noticed his eyes are bloodshot. He hugged me in a flash that caused me to crash into his chest. I hugged him back and noticed his body trembling.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have left you here. I should've take you with me." he's voice hoarse from crying.

"It's not your fault you know? Besides I'm used to it." I shrugged even though I know what I said isn't true.

He pulled away and looked at me.

"Come with me."

I sat there frozen it's like my mind isn't functioning.

"I can't." I blurted out suddenly.

"Why not? When you're with me I can protect you." he assured me

"I really can't. Besides there's 6 months left before I turn into a legal adult. I can move out you know?"

My heart's beating fast. I didn't want to leave even though my dad beats me. I don't want to be away from Carson, he's the one who listens to me everytime.

"There's a boy right? That's why you don't want to leave?" he frowned.

"I.. uhh."

"It's okay sis. I understand but he better treat you right." he smiled weakly at me.

"You really are the best brother in the world." I hugged him again.

He chuckled and hugged me back.

"C'mon let's get inside before you freeze to death."